Home

Trapline health and safety

Posted By: jhammer

Trapline health and safety - 01/02/11 04:20 AM

Since I started having health issues, I have found that there are lots of changes I've had to make when trapping. Since I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, my traplines have been much shorter and I can no longer go alone. And also being diabetic, having some glucose tablets in my trapping basket have been a lifesaver!
Posted By: On a Call

Re: Trapline health and safety - 01/04/11 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jhammer
Since I started having health issues, I have found that there are lots of changes I've had to make when trapping. Since I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, my traplines have been much shorter and I can no longer go alone. And also being diabetic, having some glucose tablets in my trapping basket have been a lifesaver!

JH, seeing how you do not live too far from me if you like you can join me trapping. I am up north trapping beaver/otter now and still setting for rats.
Posted By: garman

Re: Trapline health and safety - 01/07/11 06:11 PM

I have found slowing down and not rushing things, eating healthier especially before, after and during season. Wearing gloves all the time, good waders, and raingear, plenty of water gatorade and the secret weapon bananas. I also believe that washing hands well and IBUPROFEN LOL I am getting older.
Posted By: maxlacy

Re: Trapline health and safety - 01/21/11 12:32 AM

JH, I've found being a Paramedic that milk will raise a glucose faster than anything else. Well, other than the Dextrose 50% we give on the ambulance. As far as the epilepsy is concerned, getting your med lvls checked before season would lessen the chance of you having one in the field. But, you are right, still go with someone. If you wanted even, I think there is a product on the market that you can buy that alerts someone to your medical needs wherevr you are. I think Les Stroud advertises it, yeah know, the survivorman guy? Good Luck
Posted By: AJE

Re: Trapline health and safety - 01/25/19 06:09 AM

One can never be too careful on the trapline.
Safety 1st.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums