Home

Quince paste (candy)

Posted By: beaverpeeler

Quince paste (candy) - 11/09/11 06:42 PM

Also known as "Dulce de membrillo" in Spain where it is the national dessert. Fanny and I have a small licensed kitchen on our farm (Oregon Dept of Ag inspected) where we make quince paste from our small organic quince orchard (130 trees).

This is a product that is perfect for the holidays. It goes very well on a platter with cheeses and cured meats. Phenomenally well with wild cured meats! It has a sweet-sour taste appealing to the palate. The first time I had the product was as a glaze on smoked pork loin at a Mexican friend's place. I planted my first 30 trees the following spring!

The ingredients are: Pure quince pulp, cane sugar, and lemon juice. It is slowly stirred and cooked down, and then lightly baked in a convection oven until it is of a consistency that can be sliced with a butter knife.

It is a stable product that does not need refrigeration with a shelf life of 1 year+.

About quinces: Native to the middle east, is an extremely aromatic fruit related to apples and pears but hard and astringent. In the old days homesteads typically had a quince tree because granny used quince (high in pectin) to have her jams and jellies set up, back before commercial pectin was available.

We sell a one lb block of quince paste for $17.50 postpaid anywhere in the U.S., or two for $30 (postpaid). For Canada add an additional $6 for postage please. We accept personal checks and money orders.

(Incidentally, add a drop of anise to a tablespoon worth and you got a great coon and rat change-up lure!)

Thanks! Carl and Fanny

Posted By: txhunter92

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 11/13/11 07:06 PM

This sounds great but I would love to get a taste of it first haha I have never heard of it before
Posted By: Jaci_Wilcox

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 11/13/11 10:28 PM

Do we get free samples???? confused

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 11/14/11 01:44 AM

Haha I was going to pay for a smaller peice
Posted By: magoo

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 11/18/11 02:44 AM

nice pic of fanny ! i would like to try some of that stuff, send me some carl !
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 11/19/11 05:26 AM

Magoo....as soon as your check clears, smark aleck!

Re: Quince paste (candy) - 08/10/14 02:44 PM

Still doing this?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums