Home

coon hats

Posted By: whyskers

coon hats - 11/07/11 02:49 AM

Hello all. I am looking to purchase 3 homemade coon hats. If any one can give me the specifics as far as how to size and what a person needs for sizing, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, do i need to provide my own pelt? Thanks, Val
Posted By: Wolfwoman

Re: coon hats - 11/07/11 03:12 AM

You can provide your own pelts or I can get them for you. It generally takes 2 coons to make a cap. Price for me to make them if you provide the fur is $65 each plus shipping back. You measure your head as if you were wearing a baseball cap.

Raccoon pelts run about $30 each, so cost would be 2 pelts at 60, plus my sewing fee of $65 would be $125 plus shipping back.

Let me know!
Bonnie

Re: coon hats - 11/07/11 10:07 PM

Thanks, Wolfwoman. I will be in touch with you, at a later date. Thanks again.

Re: coon hats - 11/07/11 10:16 PM

Most welcome, I look forward to working with you.

Re: coon hats - 11/10/11 12:03 AM

Are you in the area that is getting hit with the storm?

Re: coon hats - 11/10/11 12:05 AM

Not at all, I'm a LONG ways away smile

Re: coon hats - 06/10/12 10:16 PM

How much time does it take to make two coon hats? I have the coons but i dont have em skinned out. So long story short, i'll give ya two sizes, and you send me a price, and i can send you payment via postal money order, or payment of your choice. Sorry i have not gotten with ya but i've been pretty buisy, hope to hear back from ya,,,, thanks Val.

Re: coon hats - 06/14/12 04:13 AM

Sorry I didn't see this smile

You'll have to send them to be tanned first, before I can do anything with them. Do you have a tannery?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums