Home

Airguns

Posted By: wws

Airguns - 01/30/24 11:50 PM

Who makes a good quality air gun that is going to be accurate? What’s the best options for shooting inside ?

Western Wildlife Services
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 01:45 AM

FX airguns. Not cheap but excellent quality. Accurate and quite.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 01:50 AM

Accurate is relative to what you want to do with it. There are a lot of YouTube channels of people hunting iguanas in residential areas. They’re hitting crazy accurate shots on iguanas at quite a distance!

Check out Iguana Solutions. She uses different equipment for different distances.
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 01:41 PM

What's your budget?

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 04:04 PM

Like to stay under $1000

Western Wildlife Services
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 04:35 PM

I have an RWS in .22 cal. Sidecock. Very accurate.
Posted By: Tony H

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 05:44 PM

FX. Buy once, cry once. I know guys that shoot starlings inside inside barns on dairy farms that push their .22 cal Impacts around 580 FPS.
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 05:44 PM

Benjamin marauder 22, that's where I started. Now I use a Brocock commander xr mag 22. I have been very happy with this gun
Posted By: Super Wide

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 09:08 PM

Benjamin-Sheridan pump, 20 cal. or 5mm. Only pump it up enough to do the job, very quiet and accurate. However, it's not even close to some of the nicer guns mentioned above.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Airguns - 01/31/24 10:23 PM

RWS 45S, very accurate, hard hitting in .17, 1K FPS Rated, Any Air gun requires a special scope mount for the 2 stage recoil.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Airguns - 02/02/24 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
RWS 45S, very accurate, hard hitting in .17, 1K FPS Rated, Any Air gun requires a special scope mount for the 2 stage recoil.

Not so anymore since the advent of the PCP airguns.

The springers do destroy scopes with their back and forth recoil.

PCP have no more recoil than a similar power powder burner so the same scopes can be used without worry.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Airguns - 02/02/24 05:03 PM

Good to know.
Posted By: Wolv1001

Re: Airguns - 02/02/24 11:28 PM

weihrauch air rifles

Re: Airguns - 02/03/24 05:18 AM

Talked to Utah airguns today leaning twards the TX Dreamline tack. Its more than I wanted to spend but you only live once.

wws
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Airguns - 02/08/24 06:44 PM

I use a Benjamin marauder daily in hangars and own an air venturi avenger for my personal. Both are well within your budget and awesome, accurate air rifles. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Airguns - 02/20/24 01:23 AM

Get a pcp otherwise you will wish you did. FX makes great guns, but for things like pigeons a Benjamin Marauder is a good starter. Accurate and quiet out the box. Others you will want a supressor Donny FL makes the best I have found. Get a bunch of different pellets for it PCPs sometimes like one pellet type. If you plan to do outside shooting for say groundhogs and raccoons I would get an FX, but they cost what 3 marauders go for. I like semi auto myself and use a Huben K1 works well with slugs and pellets. I shoot max 100yards with slugs and 60 with pellets and keep groups about 1/2 dollar without trying. When looking at air rifles forget FPS and concentrate on FPE you want one that at least will do 30FPE + but with PCP most are easy to tune down.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Airguns - 02/20/24 01:28 AM

careful with the Dreamline great gun, but a bit delicate for what we do. that floating barrel is worrisome for me.
Posted By: BrianC.

Re: Airguns - 02/20/24 05:59 PM

FX top of the line IMO
Also run several Umarex and certainly more budget friendly
© 2024 Trapperman Forums