Home

Shops

Posted By: wws

Shops - 11/25/23 06:11 PM

How many of you work out of a shop from home? What’s the advantages of a storefront? Just wondering thanks

Western Wildlife Services
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Shops - 11/25/23 10:02 PM

A storefront? If the location is right, you could get more views on your sign.

I don’t think you’d want too many people stopping in to chat though. They’d keep office staff from doing the stuff they need to get done. I don’t think you’d need a store. Are you going to sell traps? Pesticides? Exclusion materials? Can you make more money doing that or doing the trapping/spraying/exclusions?

The people who want to trap on their own aren’t your customers. You want the people who don’t want to deal with the mice/woodchucks and skunks.

A storage area is all you need. People usually start with their garage, then go to storage units when they need more room. Eventually a warehouse of sorts. In my mind, the gold standard is a heated warehouse!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Shops - 11/26/23 12:26 AM

contact a CPA,,,,,
Posted By: wws

Re: Shops - 11/26/23 12:29 AM

Yes just wondering what others are doing. I’m about at my limit for my space. Everything around me is expensive, bigger property, shop, ext. just asking in case I’m not thinking of everything. I’m looking at all options. Thanks for your reply.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Shops - 11/27/23 02:57 AM

Seems no matter what you start with, It's not enough space. This past fall I added a roof off the side of my shop to get all the cages & material outside.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: Shops - 12/01/23 02:55 AM

Part of the homes monthly bills are a write off as business expenses. Suggest contacting your favorite tax consultant for specifics
Posted By: Lenny50

Re: Shops - 12/06/23 06:37 PM

Unless you doing pest control as well as wildlife, I cant see renting a storefront for a wildlife business a good idea.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums