Cabellas mole trap

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Cabellas mole trap - 11/16/23 01:59 PM

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bridger-bodygripper-trap

For your viewing pleasure…

“ Perfect for small furbearers like mink, squirrels, and moles…”
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 11/16/23 03:01 PM

That sure would be some world record mole. Can you imagine the tunnel prep that would be needed to set that size trap and make it effective. A fella could probably make it work if he spent some time figuring out the mechanics of it.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 11/16/23 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
That sure would be some world record mole. Can you imagine the tunnel prep that would be needed to set that size trap and make it effective. A fella could probably make it work if he spent some time figuring out the mechanics of it.

Bridger upgraded the springs to fire through dirt?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 11/16/23 05:06 PM

Might work in sand but not our clay, lol.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 11/18/23 05:07 AM

Johnny Morris' company , which owns BASS PRO SHOPS, and now Cabela's , copies and sells everything, most of it made in China.

* And how to make the bulk of their money ?
It's not selling you fishing lures and apparel. . .

Signing you up for a CLUB CARD ( a credit card ) is the answer.
Why do you think they bought Cabelas ?

Club Card !
Posted By: Lenny50

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 12/06/23 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by LT GREY
Johnny Morris' company , which owns BASS PRO SHOPS, and now Cabela's , copies and sells everything, most of it made in China.

* And how to make the bulk of their money ?
It's not selling you fishing lures and apparel. . .

Signing you up for a CLUB CARD ( a credit card ) is the answer.
Why do you think they bought Cabelas ?

Club Card !

100% spot on. We were in there a couple months ago and man Cabelas is a shell of what it used to be. so much imported crap. Be aware all the vacuum seal bags are from china.
Posted By: TrapperE

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/13/24 12:00 AM

i bought a RBG 2.5 inch and i think it would be perfect for moles
Posted By: Tony H

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/14/24 09:32 PM

You’d probably have better luck with a trap that was designed for moles. There’s tons of mole traps on the market, and they will all catch moles, but only a handful are used by mole trappers that do it day in and day out.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/15/24 12:05 AM

All the conibear style firing traps would not be a practical set up for moles. Those traps all need to have a free firing clearance zone for the jaws to clear the dirt without restricting the jaws spring power.

So, with that in mind and the size of a typical mole run sticking with traps designed for moles would be the best advice I could give. Learn how to use and set the type mole trap of your choosing for the best result.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/15/24 03:44 AM

Soil type would influence my choice of trap. Some are harder than others to bed in different conditions.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/15/24 01:41 PM

I am one for always looking for a better mouse trap for catching moles but this is not one of them. But it might be better at catching mice. LOL
Posted By: TrapperE

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/21/24 04:41 PM

I set two plastic pedal mousetraps back to back in a mole run with a board over it and that catches moles and shrewd
Posted By: Tony H

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/22/24 01:48 AM

One big problem with a mouse trap is that it would be very difficult to get a good, clean, quick kill. You might catch the mole in the trap, but chances are it would only be by the front digger(s). This would be a slow painful death. Mole traps are designed for quick kills by targeting the vital organs towards the back of the chest area. Also, mouse traps don’t pack the punch mole traps do. If mole traps were super expensive I could understand using mouse traps. But they arent so Id strongly recommend against using mouse traps to catch moles.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Cabellas mole trap - 01/24/24 12:17 PM

I have used the single spring version that size to catch some huge barn rats

Can't even picture how you would catch a mole or even a gopher in one of those
© 2024 Trapperman Forums