Home

Posted By: Aix sponsa

. - 11/01/18 07:42 PM

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/01/18 09:23 PM

The ones that only exist in our customer's heads.

Depending on the person it can be all sorts of animals.
Posted By: AJE

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/01/18 11:51 PM

I suppose maybe the last beaver sometimes.
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/04/18 11:51 PM

Released WS Hancock trapped beaver, that needed to be recaught in a Hancock!!!!!!
Posted By: etxwoods

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/05/18 01:55 AM

I've caught a few coyotes thru the years, even lost one occasionally, but never saw evidence that any had chewed their foot off to escape. ?????? A toe twist off, maybe. Most of my losses were due to entanglement situations and trap jaws that weren't modified or didn't have cast jaws. Maybe I just haven't caught enuff yet.
Posted By: AJE

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/05/18 02:47 AM

I haven't heard of it either etx.
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/06/18 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
Originally Posted by coloradocat
Released WS Hancock trapped beaver, that needed to be recaught in a Hancock!!!!!!

Why was it released the first time?

Beats me!!!!!!!
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/06/18 01:17 AM

pine squirrel
Posted By: Getting There

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/06/18 03:28 AM

Rabbits
Posted By: bmccoyote

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/06/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by etxwoods
I've caught a few coyotes thru the years, even lost one occasionally, but never saw evidence that any had chewed their foot off to escape. ?????? A toe twist off, maybe. Most of my losses were due to entanglement situations and trap jaws that weren't modified or didn't have cast jaws. Maybe I just haven't caught enuff yet.

I've had it happen once and took a good while to catch him after that, and have heard of it from others guys that trap around here. True the same on ones that twist their toes off. I was after a gyp this summer that kept scratching around holes at fence crossings and bumping traps. Never set one of or completely uncovered them but would just move along and not come to my side where the sheep were. I had caught a male a few weeks before she showed up and just figured that was her mate and she possibly related fence crossings to his disappearance. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, she dang sure irritated me for a couple of weeks.
Posted By: moleman

Re: ———-Most Difficult “Shy” Animal To Catch - 11/06/18 06:22 PM

Rats would be high on the list. They can make you a little crazy at times.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums