Home

Bird Trap

Posted By: bob pake

Bird Trap - 12/01/17 11:37 PM

Had anyone tried the E-Z catch bird trap. Would you recommend it.
I have a sparrow in a large food handling factory. Myself or the resident teck have never seen the bird as of yet.
No shooting allowed, Mist net not practical. I believe we have a bit of it's travel rout nailed down
Just hopeful for some much needed luck at this point.
Posted By: WPS

Re: Bird Trap - 12/01/17 11:58 PM

I have the 24" E-Z bird trap from WCS. I used it on woodpeckers doing damage to a house.
It paid for its self on the first capture. I love it.

Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Bird Trap - 12/02/17 04:57 AM

In my opinion, the best tool ever developed for the exact type of situation you described. https://birdbarrier.com/sparrow-trap-doo...AyABEgL1ofD_BwE

Re: Bird Trap - 12/02/17 12:58 PM

Thanks for the replies .The bird flies between sections of the factory were the hot water pipes go through the cement wall. There is enough room for the bird to fly between the pipes and the wall opening. I can get on a flat office roof within about 2 feet of the fly way. This is a perfect spot for the bird to stop and think things over before it flies through the restricted area. We have had baited glue boards and a wire mesh sparrow trap on this location for about a week, with no takers.
I am going to suggest to the resident teck that we remove every thing and go with baited victor mouse traps.
It's cheating a bit with a possible dead bird on site, but no factory person is going to get a ladder and go roof hopping.
( I was thinking that the mouse traps would catch as often as the E-Z catch bird trap )

Re: Bird Trap - 12/02/17 01:21 PM

Ron I agree . I think trap door is one of the few traps that at least have a chance of working. I find the sound device pretty much makes it or brakes it, also the sparrows have been very reluctant to jump on the perch. The closer they are to the perch the closer they are to a solid wall which restricts their vision. I have more confidence in a mouse trap. If not the trap door is next.
Thanks
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Bird Trap - 12/02/17 10:09 PM

Bob, spend a half hour watching the flight path and where it lands. If you see it land more than once in the same spot, put a glue board with the cardboard backing right on that spot. I would put a few in a line on the edge, and use some duct tape to hold in place. If only one bird, you should catch it while you're there.

Re: Bird Trap - 12/03/17 06:18 PM

I ordered the E-Z catch. I believe the mouse traps will out perform it. I guy can never have too many toys.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums