Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/27/17 01:20 AM

If it's illegal in your state, call the co. Problem solved

You'll still have plenty of raccoons to catch, no one else is trapping
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/27/17 11:48 AM

^^^
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/27/17 12:11 PM

Let the game warden do the talking for you !
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/27/17 05:24 PM

If you stay legal, welcome the visit. I like knowing the local CO, he knows I do everything in a legal manner. So I'm sure if at some time if I make a mistake that is unintentional, say like miss a mark that needs to be on a kill permit, or anything I can't think of. He will give me a pass, knowing that I always follow the regs, he would of course know it wasn't intentional

Follow the regs and you should never have to worry who is watching, as well as being a great example of a sportsmen
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/27/17 09:37 PM

In Mo it's NOT illegal to relocate (dump) animals in the woods, BUT, it's highly discouraged. It screws with the bio diversity on the species, helps spread disease's to populations that may not have any immunity, or places the dumpee in an area where it has no immunity to local dissease's, and has no idea where food/water/shelter are and as animals are generally territorial, they will just be interlopers.
He is causing a problem, and the CO should be the one to talk to them.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/28/17 12:04 PM

In a kind sort of a way thank him for dumping animals out there...it helps you catch more of em for fur. Then walk away. What he is doin is not illegal
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/28/17 02:56 PM

So from what I have read, it's not illegal, it hasn't caused any problems, and you get to trap more fur. Just give the guy a medal and call it good.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/29/17 01:21 AM

Do you have any further on boards you can show him? Explain that you need a few more raccoon/possums to get your order ready to ship out. Ask him if he can drop them off next time he brings one out.

If he's horrified enough, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) reconsider dropping them there. Do you have anything you can thaw out and start skinning while he's over?
Posted By: waterwells

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/29/17 01:35 AM

I wouldn't say anything to anybody . You may be voted out .
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 04/29/17 09:02 PM

If you are in a HOA community, I wouldn't say anything. You are likely to find the HOA rules changed about trapping in the neighborhood. As a member, you're subject to their rules and those rules can change.

I would buy more traps smile
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 05/01/17 03:52 AM

Nothing you can do other than convince him. I doubt that'll happen.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 05/01/17 01:32 PM

I know I didn't say it, and I see no one else did either, but those animals he is releasing are not likely staying around for you to trap, every one of them is going to try to go home, though at two hours away they will not find there way home. But I doubt any are around there for you to catch. Those critters are probably 5 plus miles toward St. Louis JMO
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Neighbor relocating animals - right next to me - 05/26/17 12:34 PM

I agree with Michigan Trapper. Those critters aren't staying around. From my experience I also agree with Waterwells. Non-trappers/ bunny huggers are hard to deal with. The majority of the city folks are like that till they have to pay $200 to get rid of moles, gophers, or skunks. You're not going to win this one. In your case, the idiots are ruling the asylum.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums