Home

Pennsylvania guys

Posted By: SifordOutdoorZ

Pennsylvania guys - 03/22/17 07:22 PM

Jim bethells post had me thinking, does pa have any kind of official organization for nuisance guys. If not do you guys who have been doing it a long time, Bob Jameson and others think it would be something worth coordinating to start up?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Pennsylvania guys - 03/22/17 07:58 PM

There were a handful of members of an organization we called PANWCOA. It was started in 2001-2002 by a few of us at one of the PTA trappers conventions years ago. Phil Nichols was the president elect at the time. I was member #001. It went thru some transitioning over the years, changed officers and to my knowledge fizzled out after that.

I still have my original membership card. There are still a few of us still operating businesses. Phil has retired but posts on Tman on occasion. He would have more historical info and more accurate dates when this all took place.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Pennsylvania guys - 04/05/17 09:36 PM

Bob has it correct .... I am retired and mostly senile. In my opinion, the PA association fizzled because the Game Commission had a good nuisance wildlife program. Mainly back then they stayed out of our way. Permit holders were an asset to the game commission, so we really had few complaints. New Jersey had a more vigorous association because that state was much more oppressive and punitive towards it's wildlife control operators. The NJ association is still around I believe. Since those early days the industry has become more business like. Back then it was mostly trappers just trying to make money and grow. I don't know what the attitude of "nuisance guys" would be in PA for an association on a state level. Here is a good place to take a poll!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Pennsylvania guys - 04/06/17 12:35 AM

So Phil did all that fishing make you senile or did you come by it naturally after retirement. LOL
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Pennsylvania guys - 04/07/17 02:38 AM

Phil NJ is in a hold state that is until we need to get it again.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Pennsylvania guys - 04/07/17 03:39 PM

Yes Ron, fishing caused what I am now .... and that is an upgrade.

Is the regulatory situation any better in the Peoples Republic nowadays?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums