Home

A question on fees

Posted By: dslipshod

A question on fees - 02/10/17 02:05 AM

How much do the ADC guys charge for beaver removal jobs? A guy approached me about removing beaver from his pond. He said I can keep the fur, and he will pay me. It is about 30 miles drive to the ponds. I won't charge him, since it will open more opportunities, but I'm curious how an ADC trapper should break down the fees? Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: A question on fees - 02/10/17 02:49 AM

Depends on a lot of things. 30 miles to the pound = 60 miles per day. Government allows about $.55 per mile = $33.00 just in millage per day. Plus what is your time worth. Beaver are not worth much. Maybe break even on just the put up. Are you a good beaver trapper? Has anyone else messed with the beaver in the last 2 years? It all makes a difference.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: A question on fees - 02/10/17 07:09 AM

If u charge for beaver removal are u required to have an adc license?
Posted By: bjansma

Re: A question on fees - 02/10/17 12:28 PM

Yes, you need a Class A Nuisance permit if you are going to charge for wildlife removal.

If a landowner wanted to trap them himself out of season he needs to get a permit from a DNR biologist. In my quick research, I didn't see where he could transfer his authority to trap to another.

Can't use any part of an animal caught under a nuisance license.

Re: A question on fees - 02/10/17 09:19 PM

Our beaver and otter fur trapping season doesn't end before the end of March. And, yes, if I were paid I would have to have an ADC license. An ADC license is worthless here though because these people wouldn't pay to watch a flea eat a bale of hay. From my research, in Illinois, there are two different ADC Licenses. One is a commercial license where you are paid in money, and the other is sort of a barter license where you barter with the landowner for goods etc. I fall into neither class since it is fur season here. I was just curious how an ADC trapper breaks down the fees. I'm going to trade him some beaver work for permission to harvest coyotes next season. Plus it will open doors to trap other nearby ground. I need to expand my territory a bit. Again, I'm not interested in being paid. I was just curious more than anything.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: A question on fees - 02/10/17 10:50 PM

From what I understand, if it is not fur season and you want to trade ADC work for trapping rights, You still have to take the test. New rules. If I as an ADC operator had to drive that far, I would have to have $150.00 per trip for my time and millage. Hope that answers your question.

Re: A question on fees - 02/11/17 03:17 PM

Ok; thanks Jim; that answers my question.
Posted By: Matt(rat killer)

Re: A question on fees - 03/08/17 03:05 AM

If a landowner wants to remove a beaver off of their property, they can do so without a permit of any type. Weather in season or not.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: A question on fees - 03/08/17 03:22 AM

In Indiana yes, not the case in Illinois
Posted By: marathonman

Re: A question on fees - 03/08/17 11:55 AM

Jim you are sure right about has anyone messed with the beaver before.I have a pile of time into one now that will not react to castor,bait sticks.sac oil and just seems to avoid anything I do there.Not withstanding the frustration is the time I have lost and what I am learning is the old axiom a good education costs money...namely mine...probably the last time I volunteer for a free beaver job...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums