Home

Pigeon help

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Pigeon help - 01/26/17 04:10 AM

So I've had a sheet of osb covered with corn and sunflower seeds FOR OVER A MONTH and they still are not eating off of it

What can I do? Just wait?

They only place the land on this farm is. In the feed lot, on top of one barn and on the power lines
What can I do to get them land where I can trap them ?

Thx
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Pigeon help - 01/26/17 04:37 AM

If they have food source close by...you will have to place board up high and in an open area very close to where they congregate. Also use alot of bread to bring other smaller birds in so they will also attract to it
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Pigeon help - 01/26/17 04:40 AM

As Josh said related to available food.

If they've got quality food and feel safe going to it, you are fighting the odds.

Do you have to trap? Any way to shoot, or if no shooting do you have access to them
at a night roost?

Though lots of folks hate them, the term "bird brained" I'd consider a compliment!

Those are smart birds!
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Pigeon help - 01/26/17 05:06 AM

Thx For your responses
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Pigeon help - 01/26/17 01:09 PM

Replace your corn and sunflower with the feed the farm is using. It's apparent that that is the preferred food for them so don't try to fight it. This gets back to what I'd posted on your other thread about whether or not trapping is an option.
Posted By: waveslider

Re: Pigeon help - 01/27/17 07:58 PM

There is a club in Marion MI that still holds live pigeon shoots. Its secretive but a trapper and outdoorsman should be able to find out how to contact them. Not sure how close that is to you.

I would wager that if you talk to them and tell them about your pigeon problem, they will send someone out to trap them for free and will probably be a lot better at it than you are.

Just an idea.....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums