Home

Ants

Posted By: AJE

Ants - 01/20/17 03:06 AM

Have a house that every summer has an issue w/ ants in the kitchen. They seem 2 come thru the window b/c they can b seen coming out of the woodwork. They crawl on the kitchen counters/sink, so using chemical eradication isnt probly a suitable option. Got any suggestions? Options include treating them outside or creating a natural barrier outside so they stay away from the house. Another option is 2 try 2 find & seal where they r coming in. Last but not least: a natural way 2 treat the situation inside once theyve made their way into the kitchen.
Ants can b tough 2 figure out.
Thanks
Posted By: Moonpie

Re: Ants - 01/20/17 03:39 AM

First...what type of any is it? Odorus house, lil black, Argentine?...use a bait like optiguard or max force or Invict at the entry points inside...locate entry point from exterior and treat active trailing ants with Phantom mixed at the lable rate...do not use a repellent..that will trap the ants in the wall and cause more problems on the inside.

Re: Ants - 01/20/17 03:50 AM

Non odorous ants, usually the small brownish ones. Correct, I dont want 2 seal it from the inside or they'll just take up residence in the wall. Havent been able 2 pinpoint where they r gettin in on the outside.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Ants - 01/20/17 10:53 AM

Gel bait.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Ants - 01/20/17 04:48 PM

I have GREAT success using Borax/Suga,r 50/50 mix and enough boiling water to dissolve it all. Then put in small container like a bottle cap, placed where you're seeing them, and they will take it home and kill the entire colony.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Ants - 01/20/17 08:58 PM

If it were me, I'd spray the wall, slab, and around the windows with permethrin, and I'd be ant free for a while, but that's because I already have the permethrin on hand.

If you don't want to use chemicals, then you'll have to go with one of the other options....Good luck
Posted By: 8trapper8

Re: Ants - 01/23/17 04:02 PM

AJE. I think they all ready live in the wall
Posted By: 8trapper8

Re: Ants - 01/23/17 04:05 PM

Get the gel bait and kill them all off I had the same deal took 2 years but now ant free

Re: Ants - 01/26/17 04:53 AM

Yes, theyre in the wall.

I kinda like the borax/sugar idea.

I dont know what kind of gel your talkin about. Perhaps that terro ~liquidy substance.

Re: Ants - 02/21/17 05:06 AM

The ants r back already! Ive seen about 2 dozen of them on my kitchen counter in the past couple weeks. Unbelievable 2 c them in February. Makes me wonder if they spent the winter in the exterior wall. Im going 2 try some borax I think. They r the little blackish ants.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Ants - 02/21/17 12:30 PM

We use gels with either Fipronil or Indoxocarb as the active ingredient.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums