Home

Rats

Posted By: PA TRAPPER

Rats - 01/05/17 12:23 PM

i would like opinion can a rat climb up and iron a metal garbage dumpster.Thanks
Posted By: PA TRAPPER

Re: Rats - 01/05/17 12:24 PM

Into not iron
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Rats - 01/05/17 01:28 PM

Probably jump into the side openings.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Rats - 01/05/17 04:27 PM

Rats are acrobats and can jump higher than most think. Could they jump directly into a dumpster? Doubtful, but if they have something to assist them, I'd bet on the rat.
Posted By: Talpa

Re: Rats - 01/05/17 07:26 PM

Check the base, over here they have a drainage hole in the bases that should have a plastic plug/bung, this frequently gets removed or lost and can allow rats to get into them where they then settle down and feel safe to relax and eat at their leisure. We have had large problems due to the missing plugs. Some have a small diameter hole that was originally rat proof but rusting causes the hole to enlarge.
I have also had problems where rats climb up items trailing out of the bin, and climbing up items close to the bin from where they jump onto or in.. A record last year was 7 rats that I despatched in a wheelie bin that had climbed up a chain used to raise and lower a roller door.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Rats - 01/05/17 10:44 PM

I hope not. I've got a dumpster outside all year long. On the bright side, they would get shipped to the dump.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums