Home

MOUSE HELP!

Posted By: Budfish

MOUSE HELP! - 01/05/17 02:12 AM

What is the best poison to use on these creatures. I know they just about did away with all the good stuff but what are the best options left? I live in a rented place and am not about to put the money in it to exclude all of the entry points. No pets to worry about etc.. Just need to put a hurt on these things quick. Thanks.
Posted By: Moonpie

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/05/17 03:03 AM

We use blue Max blocks and rodenthor soft bait in our bait stations
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/05/17 01:25 PM

I think most of the stuff we (collectively) use comes in 5 gallon buckets. I think your best bet would be to load up on traps. They are cheap and there are no worries about non targets, storage issues,restricted use, etc.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/05/17 04:41 PM

Agreed, snap traps and a good bait does the trick. We get buckets of rodents this way.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/05/17 11:05 PM

I hope the prices on Blue Max are better in Georgia than they are here. I can buy an 18 lb. pail of Contrac Blox for half of what a 16 lb. pail of Blue Blocks cost. I like soft bait but I couldn't even find a price for Rodenthor.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/06/17 12:27 AM

https://youtu.be/JinrIuG3ROU

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/06/17 02:18 AM

Not interested in snap traps, but I appreciate the advise. Thanks.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/06/17 05:05 PM

You might not be able to purchase restricted pesticides without the appropriate licenses. Each state has different laws regarding this though.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/06/17 05:40 PM

Buy 5 or 6 Tin Cat or similar multi-catch mouse traps, place along walls in home, garage and basement. Very effective traps. Don't remove the mice right away, as a live mouse in the trap is better than any bait or attractant you can buy. I use them at most of my mouse trapping programs (usually in conjunction with sealing entry points).

Toss trap in bucket of water to drown mice, dump them out and reset.

Re: MOUSE HELP! - 01/07/17 06:36 AM

Thanks Ron. That looks like a winner.
laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums