Home

It's a sad day

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

It's a sad day - 12/15/16 06:39 PM

When you have to pull the mole traps. I'm getting them out with a hammer today.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: It's a sad day - 12/15/16 09:19 PM

Stay warm!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: It's a sad day - 12/16/16 01:25 AM

Pulled all mine on week from today...finished with 938 moles for the season...avg of 3-5 moles per lawn

Re: It's a sad day - 12/16/16 02:33 AM

I'm not sure how many moles I pulled this year. jobs have between 1 and 3 on average here. I'm blown away by some of the guys pulling something like 20 out of a lawn on this site.

Re: It's a sad day - 12/16/16 05:19 PM

I have 3 big clients that screw up the average and didnt include them in the average...those clients are in size:

40 acres: 21 moles and 15 pocket gophers (first year trapping them)

350 acres: 45 moles..second season trapping moles here...1st season didnt get contract til july of 2015

500 acres: 49 moles...also second season
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: It's a sad day - 12/16/16 05:32 PM

Our mole season has been over for a few weeks now. Fall doesn't have as much burrow activity in this part of the country. Not a lot of advancement overall. We get some deep runs and mounding but nothing like the spring.Our busiest and most productive time of year is spring into early summer depending upon the temps and rain.

My best harvest was 49 moles from one residential property this spring was about 1-1/2 acres. Those as I recall were taken in 11 days. 9 were caught on the first check then the catch was all over the place until the last day.

We average 8 - 16 moles per most jobs. We get the occasional jobs that we only catch 1-4 moles but those are far and few in between.

We have more folks having lawn care mowing their lawns in many areas so we have to work with the mowing services to work our trapping programs in between their mowing schedule. If not, we have too many problems with damaged traps, flags pulled up and compressed tunnels that interfere with our production.

Re: It's a sad day - 12/17/16 07:45 AM

No problem with lawn care companies...many mole set ups i go with 3-5 traps and by second week usually have the 1-4 moles caught and no more damage for awhile
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: It's a sad day - 12/17/16 01:43 PM

I average 1 or 2 moles per job Man I wish I had some of your jobs LOL
Posted By: buckeyehunter

Re: It's a sad day - 12/18/16 04:12 AM

What is your go to mole trap?

Re: It's a sad day - 12/18/16 10:14 AM

I like no mol. I have had great luck with Steve's traps, but I do most of my trapping in sandy soil, and that's a weakness in Steve's traps. The no mol doesn't have a bottom, and therefore eliminates the bedding issue with moles.
Posted By: Jason Turner

Re: It's a sad day - 12/18/16 01:40 PM

My experience down here is like TRappers for the most part.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums