Home

Crows in a tree

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Crows in a tree - 11/16/16 05:23 PM

I tried GoogleFu and the search function. I can't find any posts on deterring the birds. How would you keep these things out of a tree? It seems like, with winter coming, options are quickly becoming limited.
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/16/16 05:33 PM

start shooting, I know they get call shy after calling and shooting. so shoot enough they get shy to the trees im sure..
Posted By: Kyt

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/16/16 08:44 PM

I shot 3 crows out of dead tree behind my barn over a week or so time period. For YEARS after that crows would fly by and right over that tree, but would never land in it. But it is not one they ever roosted in.

Somehow those crows communicated and remembered that that tree was dangerous. It could not be coincidence, because there are crows in that area every day. They will land in other trees with foliage nearby, but not in that exposed tree.

If you kill crows out of that tree and they don't stop using it I will be surprised.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/16/16 08:51 PM

Especially if you get some floppers on the ground. Pigeons are the same. I shot a bunch out of my bird feeders and it's been 25 yrs since I've had a sky carp anywhere near it.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/17/16 04:27 PM

I'll suggest it to the library, lol.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/17/16 04:52 PM

Try effigies.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/17/16 11:10 PM

Use an Air Rifle during their off hours.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Crows in a tree - 11/19/16 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
I can't find any posts on deterring the birds. How would you keep these things out of a tree?
Hang a dead one in the tree, i.e. a scare crow.
Posted By: martenpine

Re: Crows in a tree - 12/12/16 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bctomcat
Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
I can't find any posts on deterring the birds. How would you keep these things out of a tree?
Hang a dead one in the tree, i.e. a scare crow.

Ive seen this done before in barns and it worked.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Crows in a tree - 12/12/16 10:44 PM

They are scared of owls.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums