Home

Vole Problems

Posted By: Coondog6

Vole Problems - 11/06/16 12:23 AM

Hello All,

Been doing a vole job for two weeks. Caught nothing but one shrew. Using molenaitor traps and mouse snap traps. I am setting traps under cover next to hole openings. I am using apple, peanut butter, WCS squirrel bait and a mixture of oats and bird seed.

I caught the shrew in a molenator trap in a tunnel.

It is like they are all gone but, holes and tunnels are everywhere.

Help!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Vole Problems - 11/06/16 01:37 AM

Set on each side of the hole...no bait needed and stake traps down as well as using a cover to force voles over traps

Re: Vole Problems - 11/06/16 01:41 AM

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=vole+trapping&sp=CAASAggA this is a video of a job i have taken over 59 voles on
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Vole Problems - 11/06/16 05:47 PM

Hello,

Yes, I watched your video and followed your guidance.

Chuck

Re: Vole Problems - 11/06/16 06:03 PM

Awesome...hope u do well on the voles
Posted By: run

Re: Vole Problems - 11/20/16 02:53 AM

I use grape stripes for bait on the vole I caught today. Dollar store product.
Posted By: BanjoBill

Re: Vole Problems - 11/20/16 04:39 AM

I found wildgame industries Apple Crush deer attractent to be a great bait.caught over 100 voles on 1 job. Placed 2 traps on each hole and sprinkled apple crush on the traps. Every trap had a vole.
Posted By: Sweet Pea

Re: Vole Problems - 11/20/16 03:05 PM

I use Steve Albano's style of two snap trap, (pinned down) facing the hole and a gutter down spout with the bottom cut away, and spiked down to catch voles. I never use bait, as there isn't any need to using this system. The shrews are there to kill and eat the voles, I can assure you that. I set two traps , every hole, cover it and check daily. If the voles are there, you catch them.

* They also make a vole poison that works pretty well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums