Home

Poop in the attic

Posted By: webfootwhacker

Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 02:55 AM

Sorry for the blurry photo. I ran in to this tonight when replacing a damaged attic vent. For scale, I'd say it is three to four times the size of mouse droppings. There is plenty of evidence of mice (tunnels in the insulation, droppings, etc.), but these appear to be from something larger. Not sure how fresh. I but a baited cage of there for tonight to see if whatever left these is still around.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 04:17 AM

3-4 times the length or width of mouse droppings? Though the pic is massively blurry as you say, looks like they were all deposited in a close area and if vent was directly above maybe bat? A couple of the lone droppings look like guano but the pic isn't telling enough due to quality.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 08:51 AM

Agree on the pic. Flyers also use latrines. If it crushes into shiny particles, it would be bat.

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 12:12 PM

Its probably about three times the length of mouse and two to three times the diameter. It was not directly under the vent. I will see if I can get a better pic next time I'm there, but its tough due to the darkness and distance (I can only get my arm in through the vent hole, not actually in the attic). It not like any bat droppings I've seen around here. I don't do buts, but believe we have mostly little brown bats and these were much much larger than those droppings.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 03:30 PM

Big brown bat overlaps little brown nearly entirely.

You can look online there are numerous pics with both
species guano showimg the difference in size.

Both are structure loving species.

As said by limestone you can crush to determine.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/17/16 11:43 PM

I dont do buts either hahahaha...sorry man...had to
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/18/16 09:07 AM

Does the poo glisten?...or look a lil shiny?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/18/16 11:02 PM

I just got a Steve Martin flashback from The Jerk. "This is shirt, this is Shinola."
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/19/16 12:54 AM

Hey Limestone, x 2 on that flashback

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/19/16 12:58 AM

I wouldn't say its shiny. It is located directly below the peak of the roof, which makes me think bat too. I've just not seen guano of that size before, but as I said (or meant to say), I'm not a bat guy.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/25/16 12:58 AM

Next time you are up in that attic crush one. If it turns to powder it is bat guano.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Poop in the attic - 10/25/16 01:32 AM

And if it sticks to your fingers, try not to pick your nose for a while.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums