Home

Cage traps

Posted By: Monkey

Cage traps - 10/16/16 04:43 PM

What brand is everyone using pros and cons. Im running some comstocks, wikencamp, dekalb of course cheap ones for areas where could be stolen. On the coon sized traps whats everyones personal preferance. Fixing buy some more single and double door in coon size what brand are yall using.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Cage traps - 10/16/16 05:05 PM

Primarly safeguard with slide release /baiting rear trap access doors. We have several sizes. We have some Comstock and Advanced traps as well. There is a place for traps of all sizes and styles in our work. We prefer the rear slide release door traps for easy transfer which elimnates animal escapes. Other style traps with swing up doors can present some transfer problems once you have worked with enough animals you will learn this.
Posted By: Monkey

Re: Cage traps - 10/16/16 06:14 PM

Very true every trap has its place in adc work just like yesterday used my dekalb #30 on a pig nuisance call caught the little feller and the trap held him great.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Cage traps - 10/16/16 10:25 PM

We use Koonce traps a lot. 12" x 12" x 36" long. Single front door with a full rear door. Full metal frame. Easy set and easy trip. They work well for us.
Posted By: USWILDLIFE

Re: Cage traps - 10/20/16 01:28 AM

For serious jobs (big clients, fastest possible capture), I like using an Advanced Trap. I have only one and treat it like a special ops tactical force. For regular everyday calls, I love Tomahawk traps because they are so durable and heavy duty. If I'm setting in an area where traps can possibly be stolen I buy $20 10x12x32 traps (they need to be modified) from a place by me called Harbor Freight and modify them. They will hold any skunk and 90% of coons that get caught.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Cage traps - 10/20/16 01:54 AM

Ditto on koonce traps hands down
© 2024 Trapperman Forums