Home

Now my truck stinks

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Now my truck stinks - 10/09/16 01:47 AM

So after catching skunks all spring and summer and into the fall. I got one that just wanted to spray everything that moved Sprayed when the door shut on the capture. Sprayed three times while I was covering g the trap and them sprayed on the ride home. Guess my truck is gonna smell like a trapping convention for a while
Posted By: Budfish

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/09/16 02:45 AM

Should have put that one down on site. crazy
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/09/16 09:31 PM

X 2 On putting it down on site, If they can spray, no way in the truck
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/09/16 10:01 PM

Home depot----- ODO BAN take care of it.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/10/16 04:10 PM

1 qt Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup Baking Soda
Good squirt of liquid dish soap
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/10/16 05:06 PM

I keep a 3 1/2 gallon bucket, several quarts of peroxide, a big box of baking soda and a bottle of dawn in my truck anytime I have sets out. I also have my skunk dispatch gear in the truck. Never know when I might get one in a coon or canine set.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/10/16 05:09 PM

Here is a link to a previous thread on the subject- http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...ipe#Post4957441
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/11/16 10:06 AM

Maybe I can use my truck as a LDC for coyotes
Last night while goose hunting I had a coyote encounter

I parked my truck in the same field we where hunting in, I could see it on the other side of the field, about 6 o'clock I see a coyote crossing the cut corn field, headed straight to my truck when he got about 40 yards away it lifted its head and change it's route

Not sure if it was the skunk smell but the wind was going straight across the field

Just thought I would share that
Posted By: USWILDLIFE

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/13/16 08:23 AM

For embedded odors use an ozone generator, baking soda, peroxide and dish soap work on a topical level for the initial spray but you need to destroy the lingering molecules as well that the solution won't reach.
Posted By: Jerryclower

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/13/16 12:24 PM

I have heard that you can pour a can of unused coffee grounds in a stinky vehicle, roll up the windows and after about 3 days the coffee will have absorbed the smell..??
Posted By: Probtrapper

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/16/16 03:51 AM

X2 Uswildlife. Been using ozone machine for over 15yrs. My truck has a shell on it and if I have a skunk spray in a trap, at the end of the day I put the stinking trap in the shell along with the ozone machine over night and by the next morning my truck is pretty much scent free. The trap might need two or three more treatments.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/25/16 01:02 AM

Hit a speed bump going 30 or so with 7 skunks in the back a few years ago.... Did not have to worry about anyone following to close for a while. Also did not have to worry about anyone taking my gear in those sketchy neighborhoods... Moral of the story find the positive:)
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/25/16 01:30 AM

LOL, Bet the neighbors where thrilled too.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/26/16 08:39 PM

I like to think of it as free advertising:)
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Now my truck stinks - 10/26/16 08:49 PM

Why did you put a live skunk in your truck? I carry my skunky lure in a sealed ammo box and that is for the non trapper passengers. I don't mind the smell at all.
Posted By: scott k

Re: Now my truck stinks - 11/21/16 12:15 AM

Burn the truck lol
Posted By: webfootwhacker

Re: Now my truck stinks - 11/27/16 04:37 AM

Maybe I'm the oddball, but I always remove the skunk from the client's property before putting down. I always figured most did. If I do end up with an "accident" I sure don't want it on their property. Anything else can be cleaned. I haven't had one spray in the truck yet, but I suppose my day is coming.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Now my truck stinks - 12/04/16 11:10 AM

We're trappers. Our trucks are suppose to smell like skunk. It's far from a "stink"..unless you buy your underwear at Macy's.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums