Home

Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison

Posted By: huntinjunkie

Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/02/16 09:57 PM

Anyone have any experience? Client is pushing it and haven't heard a thing about it good or bad.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/agrid3-pelleted-bait/

Thanks,
Chip
Posted By: Talpa

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/03/16 10:17 AM

We used to have a mouse bait in the UK that had the active ingredient - Cholecalciferol, it was on a grass seed base. It was really good on mice. I don't recall any baits with rats on the label.
It was over here several years ago and many pesties were sorry to see it go as its replacement wasn' nearly as good.
Like all baiting (poison or trapping if the food base is attractive to the rodents you are targeting it should work well.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/03/16 01:56 PM

Haven't heard anything about it but I'm sure we will. This stuff is $10 a pound which is just about three times as expensive as Contrac blox and the instructions for use could make it even more expensive. However, if it's completely pet and child safe ( which I doubt ) I'm sure it will be used a lot and the price will come down.

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/03/16 03:06 PM

Yeah...certified by the EPA as acceptable "organic." Pretty good niche market for them there. My client is pushing it's use as they are worried the cat will eat a dead rat and get sick/die. I'm not a big poison guy so I'll let her steer the boat if they want the fancy stuff smile
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/04/16 12:14 AM

I think the market is for organic food companies (they have mice too). To maintain "organic" status, they have some restrictions.....so this overdose of vitamin d works. The last thing you want as an organic food manufacturer is non organic mice droppings in the food. I'm pretty sure it is actually more toxic than other rodenticides...and doesn't have the antidote....corrected if I'm wrong...going off memory.

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/04/16 12:16 AM

Cats prefer to catch live mice/rats.....and they would have to consume a large number of mice to have any effect.....with contrac.

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/04/16 12:17 AM

I summarized the cat risk here: http://www.crittercatchersinc.com/critters/Mice/rodenticide_secondary_poisioning.html

Re: Agrid 3 Orgainic Rat Poison - 09/06/16 10:48 AM

Great info Dave! Appreciate it very much.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums