Home

Illinois test to get licensed

Posted By: Seansr

Illinois test to get licensed - 07/19/16 07:19 AM

Anyone from Illinois taken this test recently? I'm obsessed with trapping so bad I'm trying to make a go of it year round. Spoke with DNR today and they are sending me out a packet of information and study materials. Just kind of wondering what to expect.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 07/19/16 12:21 PM

Test is hard. They will tell you to read several books and read on the internet. Questions will have several different answers depending on which book you read. Only one answer is right. The best answers come from the internet. good luck. Where in Illinois are you from? ADC work and fur trapping are two DIFFERENT worlds.

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 07/19/16 03:37 PM

I'm from Stephenson county area, I'm really looking forward to doing both trapping and ADC work. Any tips or useful information you could give would be great.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 07/19/16 05:45 PM

What Mr. Bethell says!!!!!!
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 07/26/16 10:03 PM

X3
Posted By: dscifres

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 08/05/16 10:48 PM

X 4. Study the packet that is sent to you. Pick out one portion at a time and study it until you can't study it any more. Then move to another part of it and do the same. Then do it again. Just because there is a portion of it you may think you won't use you still need to know it. I didn't study before I took the test the first time. I didn't pass it. The second time was not any easier but I managed to pass.

Good luck,
Dave

Re: Illinois test to get licensed - 08/06/16 12:29 AM

Thank you Dave
© 2024 Trapperman Forums