Home

PA Nuisance control test

Posted By: Fatdawg

PA Nuisance control test - 07/17/16 04:16 AM

Has anyone recently taken or have any info Pa nuisance control test? The little that I can find about and talking with my local WCO it's my understanding that the test is pretty hard. Said to be a very high failure rate. Just wondering what I need to study.

I've had two local businesses contact me about being over run with skunks. One of them say they have fox problems as well.
They seem desperate and are making some pretty sweet offers for assistance.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: PA Nuisance control test - 07/17/16 11:59 AM

I helped to put the test together years ago. You have many areas that you must have some basic knowledge of different target animals, diseases, techniques, sign reading ability, biology of various animals and some ethics information.

You will need to study the manual to help you prepare. If you don't have much background in these areas it will be a good learning curve. There is a high degree of failure on the first exam attempt from my WCO sources. You will just have to keep at it until you get the pass to reach the needed percentage.
Posted By: Fatdawg

Re: PA Nuisance control test - 07/17/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I helped to put the test together years ago. You have many areas that you must have some basic knowledge of different target animals, diseases, techniques, sign reading ability, biology of various animals and some ethics information.

You will need to study the manual to help you prepare. If you don't have much background in these areas it will be a good learning curve. There is a high degree of failure on the first exam attempt from my WCO sources. You will just have to keep at it until you get the pass to reach the needed percentage.

Bob,
Thank you for your reply. My WCO couldn't really tell me a whole lot about the test or process other than the high failure rate.
I have been an avid hunter and trapper close to 30yrs and have studied a bit about most PA game and furbearers.
The diseases and biology parts sounds like something I need to revisit.

Does the PGC provide the manual or study guide? I've been thinking of ordering this book: http://store.nwctp.com/products/core-pri...rogram-for-wcos
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: PA Nuisance control test - 07/17/16 02:15 PM

Yes the PGC does provide you with a testing manual upon request.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: PA Nuisance control test - 07/17/16 02:32 PM

You will need to apply for an application to take the test.Cost 25.00 and the states manual will be sent to you..study,study and then make an appointment to test...Then the other things will fall into place...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums