Home

PVC traps

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

PVC traps - 06/30/16 06:43 PM

I know they've been discussed, but my searchfunction-fu is broken. Every search comes up empty. Can somebody direct me to some good threads or share their experiences with them?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: PVC traps - 06/30/16 07:09 PM

These threads may help. There are quite a few more threads that discuss skunk traps and baits.
Skunk trap 1

Skunk trap 2
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: PVC traps - 06/30/16 07:16 PM

I have always found it easier to search using google. I type whatever I am looking for and add trapperman to it. Works like a charm. It seems like the search function on the Tman site is very sensitive. If there is anything off, then it won't pull it up.

Good luck
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: PVC traps - 07/01/16 12:51 AM

I have several PVC traps made of 6"-10" pipe and in various lengths.
Single door and double door models both.
They work, you can handle skunks w/o odor, keep groundhogs comfortable on hot sunny days, and animals out of sight of curious citizens.
They can also be modified to use as a CO2 chamber for on the line dispatch.
BUT they are heavy for their size.
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: PVC traps - 07/20/16 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
I know they've been discussed, but my searchfunction-fu is broken. Every search comes up empty. Can somebody direct me to some good threads or share their experiences with them?

All I ever seem to get in those tubes are Opossumes. Can't buy a skunk in them or the white plastic boxes either.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: PVC traps - 07/20/16 11:06 PM

I've only set them once. I was told a skunk was under a shed. He sure looked like a woodchuck to me.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: PVC traps - 07/20/16 11:08 PM

I use and like 8" tubes. IMO 6 in is just not big enough for large skunks. However Ron uses and says he likes the 6 in. And Run knows what he is talking about.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: PVC traps - 07/22/16 02:13 AM

I like the 9x9 white plastic catch. Have caught lots of skunks in them. Never liked the PVC traps. just personal preference. But they get hot fast this time of year. They need checked early in the morning. Set one job where the owner called me after he gave the other guy a shot at it. The guys PVC traps were still there when I set. The next day the skunk was in one of my traps. Might have been the bait and lure that I used. Or happenstance.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: PVC traps - 07/25/16 08:55 PM

Quote:
I like the 9x9 white plastic catch. Have caught lots of skunks in them. Never liked the PVC traps. just personal preference. But they get hot fast this time of year. They need checked early in the morning. Set one job where the owner called me after he gave the other guy a shot at it. The guys PVC traps were still there when I set. The next day the skunk was in one of my traps. Might have been the bait and lure that I used. Or happenstance.

I have never seen a pvc tube trap set the way Ron had his set and not catch a skunk, if it was a double door trap and the skunks were there.

There is a guy here, that never caught a skunk before or any animal for that matter. He caught 7 using a 6" double door tube set as forced sets or trail sets. I just saw him at the hardware store last week and asked him if he ever caught any and that is what he said.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: PVC traps - 07/26/16 05:20 AM

This was from a horse barn/stable where the dog was sprayed and then ran in the house and rolled on the carpet. They said they saw a mother and 4 kits. I set 6 traps. NOT posi-sets, just baited single-door PVC traps. Next morning had the mom and all the young. Trap #6 was okay. Not sure how you guys are making this so hard....

Posted By: Kirk De

Re: PVC traps - 07/26/16 11:38 AM

Quote:
There is a guy here, that never caught a skunk before or any animal for that matter. He caught 7 using a 6" double door tube set as forced sets or trail sets.

He had cheese curls threaded on the trigger.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: PVC traps - 07/26/16 01:54 PM

Ron,
How do you bait them and what bait work best in them.

Kurt Temple
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: PVC traps - 07/27/16 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Kurt in Va
Ron, How do you bait them and what bait work best in them. Kurt Temple

Buttered popcorn puffs and hard cat food. Plus a dab of Chequita bait.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums