Home

What would you do.....?

Posted By: MChewk

What would you do.....? - 06/22/16 10:12 PM

.....when you arrive at a raccoon job and see traps already set....this is after you asked, "has anyone else been trapping?"
I decided to take the set up/ inspection fee and walk....I found fresh 'coon hair in two cages.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/22/16 10:22 PM

Can't compete with your customer. Any traps in use need to be removed, and customers may not touch your trap.

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 01:14 AM

Yep, it seems that I got called after they couldn't catch the last few.
Posted By: wayne52

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 02:24 AM

Price went up to where they ALMOST cant aford it

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 01:25 PM

Yep, tried that on other jobs....it wasn't happening with this client....living in a high rent district but pinchin' pennies for any work to be done.
He called back this morning because the coons had chewed through a few boards he put up....told him to call someone else.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 02:19 PM

Happens often. I trap, do better than them and show them why my service is worth it.

These people will often tell others how you could catch better than anyone
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 03:53 PM

You made the right decision.

I have done the same thing many times. Just have to do it at times. Some people really think we are that dumb to not realize that we can read sign and can tell what is going on and yet continue to lie to you when questioned.
Posted By: Boco

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 04:18 PM

If you are a professional why would you not remove the animals?
I have cleaned up after spooked animals lots of times to alleviate a problem for clients.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/23/16 06:26 PM

Dealing with educated 'Coons are a PITA! May well have had someone else or 2 turn him down because of it.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/24/16 12:43 PM

I'd ONLY take the job, even for a liar, if I could use dp's...explaining it'll tear up his yard,,putting that in the contract that he is responsible for grass damage.
Posted By: bob pake

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/24/16 04:02 PM

IT happens all the time . It's part of the job. We expect that the home owner has tried and screwed up ,or we come in behind another company who could not get the job done quite often. I think it's part of being professional.
It works like the signs in old auto repair shops. You fix it first one price we fix it first another price. All in a days work partner.
Posted By: opie28

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/24/16 09:04 PM

Also I always make it a point to tell them
that they are breaking the law too.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: What would you do.....? - 06/24/16 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: opie28
Also I always make it a point to tell them
that they are breaking the law too.

YEP! Just had a call last night-coons in the attic, on the roof and falling through the ceiling LOL NO KIDDING!
However the local "bug and pest" guy has been trying to trap them. No nuisance permit. Only catching the local cat population!!
I told the client the guy was breaking the law and he told me he traps a lot of coons for people!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums