Home

Bait station/trap station recommendation?

Posted By: huntinjunkie

Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/01/16 11:56 AM

Looking for a snap trap station for Rats or a bait station that can work double duty with Victor Pros with the big pan. Thanks.
Posted By: moleman

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/01/16 01:26 PM

This may work for you also. I have used them for mice with good results. Maybe others can chime in with more input on how well it works on rats.

http://www.amazon.com/Rat-Zapper-Ultra-Rodent-RZU001/dp/B00CM859OA
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/01/16 10:24 PM

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/protec...K7ycaAslQ8P8HAQ

I put a rat snap in these and use them for chippies. Kids and dogs can't get to the trap. After I'm done I put the weight and tray back in. Then its set to be a bait station.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/01/16 10:26 PM

It can also hose off easily if the chippie sits in the sun too long.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/02/16 02:15 AM

Thanks Limestone. Looks like a good station but I have too many Victor Pro's to switch to the T rex now. I have a few and they seem to work but I prefer the V pros and If I'm not mistaken the killer bar throw on them is a lot higher than the T Rex.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/02/16 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: moleman
This may work for you also. I have used them for mice with good results. Maybe others can chime in with more input on how well it works on rats.

http://www.amazon.com/Rat-Zapper-Ultra-Rodent-RZU001/dp/B00CM859OA

I just want to kill em not cook em smile
Posted By: SifordOutdoorZ

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/02/16 03:16 AM

Someone posted a picture a while back may have been bob or Paul but I've adapted it and it works really well. Shoe box sized plastic container from wal mart 94 cents. Drill a hole in one side with a wholesaw bit. I also use the victor pros and they work fine in there. I made some adjustments to the original design I saw I got Velcro and cut it and put it on the container and trap so they stay in place and in most places just set a normal Brick on top as a weight.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/02/16 09:13 AM

I use the traditional victor wood bottom snap trap in them.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/02/16 09:21 PM

Thanks guys!

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/07/16 12:03 AM

Just for the fun of it I emailed PROTECTA to ask if you have to use the T Rex like the description (somewhere) said. Anyone have this model that can see if it's the truth?

EMAIL TO DOMYOWNPESTCONTROL.COM
This model: http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/protec...K7ycaAslQ8P8HAQ

Question:
Will a Victor Pro woodbase rat trap work in these?

Answer:
Yes, you could also use the Victor Snap traps in Protecta EVO Express Bait Station.

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/07/16 05:21 PM

You can actually fit 2 wooden base Victor rats into them.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/07/16 11:11 PM

I just went outside and tried to fit more than one Victor into a EVO. Do you put them on top of each other? Even one rat trap in the old Protectas was bouncing all over the place. The old Protecta is great for T-Rexes and that's about it!

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/08/16 01:05 AM

There isn't much reason to put 2 in, but they will fit. Just remove the weight and tray.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Bait station/trap station recommendation? - 06/08/16 03:38 AM

Yep, you're right. I didn't notice it before but they've really got the EVOs configured to fit the T-Rex very well. Almost as good as the old Protectas. They're all made by Bell Labs so it figures. I'm pretty sure that our guys use the T-Rexes on rats, Victors on woodpeckers, and Sherman style cages for chipmunks. ( At least that's what I do )
© 2024 Trapperman Forums