Home

Question pertaining to business cards

Posted By: Devanf12

Question pertaining to business cards - 05/11/16 11:22 PM

I custom made 250 business cards for trapping and plan on knocking on doors to get my name out and hopefully pick up some land this season. A buddy said I should be concerned if someone pays me to do a job, how do I go about that? Is there any business claims as in paperwork I would need to file, or to avoid this should I just avoid being paid?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Question pertaining to business cards - 05/11/16 11:54 PM

It isn't good business to avoid being paid. Find out what you need in order to do what you want. For trapping a DBA and license may be enough. If you want to apply pesticides you'll need more.

Re: Question pertaining to business cards - 05/12/16 11:28 PM

Ok I'll look into getting a DBA filed and see if theres anything else I need to do, thanks
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Question pertaining to business cards - 05/13/16 10:58 AM

On another post it was pointed out that in Virginia you may need to have a state issued permit to get paid

Just look in to it so you don't get in trouble with the law
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: Question pertaining to business cards - 05/13/16 03:03 PM

If you are paid that would be considered commercial nuisance trapping in Va. You need a permit. There is a cost and test for the permit. This link will tell you all info and who to contact. http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/forms/PERM/PERM-nuisance.pdf

If just trading for trapping permission / land use for trapping season, I would think that is not commercial. Would keep it to myself.

Kurt Temple

Re: Question pertaining to business cards - 05/13/16 09:08 PM

Thanks, yea I just want to trap, I'm not trying to run a service I just was told business cards were a good way to get your name out when you knock on doors
© 2024 Trapperman Forums