Home

Wooly Adelgid treatment

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Wooly Adelgid treatment - 04/29/16 10:19 PM

Have any of you guys done a job on these? I got my first call about them today. I'm licensed to do it, but have never looked into it. Local supplier sells Merit. It looks like it works well in my research, but isn't immediate. Clients always want fast results. Horticultural oil sprayed on at treatment time? Anybody venture into this direction? Emerald ash borer is in this area too. What do you guys do?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Wooly Adelgid treatment - 05/01/16 12:27 PM

Air blast sprayer?

How is the product applied?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Wooly Adelgid treatment - 05/01/16 07:34 PM

Merit is mixed/diluted and poured around the base of the tree. Due to time for uptake, etc, it stated It may take a year to see results. I've also read that hort oils smother it, which sounds pretty immediate. Its just you can't spray to the top of a tree. They recommend treating what you can though, as it allows that part to recover and help feed the tree.

I'm just trying to figure out how one sells a job where you can't measure success for a year.

Re: Wooly Adelgid treatment - 05/02/16 01:05 AM

Of course you can reach the top. Down here the pecan orchards get blasted regularly with copper for scab and pesticides for aphids. Takes a pretty big air blast sprayer though.

Re: Wooly Adelgid treatment - 05/02/16 01:06 AM

Access would be the problem as orchard are laid out on fifty foot centers with clear aisles to move equipment.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums