Home

Hazing coyotes advice needed

Posted By: RF Wildlife

Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/20/16 01:35 AM

Trapping is not an option state will not issue a permit. I have a coyote den about 60 yards from a home, issue is the male has been circling the people when they walk the dog. I usually haze them with pups in distress and dig at the den site. Most times the pups in distress brings in the adults and I play cat and mouse with them. The issue is this den is located very close to a high traffic area (walkers, joggers and lots of out of townees.) The chaos doing what I normally would do is not an option. Anyone know of a way to haze quietly? I tried digging at the den,even started a hole at the spot I believe the chamber is. Here is a picture from last night, they are older than what I expect. Guessing they will move soon even if I do not haze, but I am not a coyote guru by any stretch. Eastern coyotes btw.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/20/16 06:39 PM

Try dumping predator urine down the hole, Lion, Bobcat, maybe Wolf?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/20/16 07:19 PM

Got to give it them. They are a hardy adaptive animal. The wonders of nature never cease to amaze and provide great interest to us all.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/22/16 02:12 AM

I hate coyotes. If you were trying to trap them, and your wife sneezed on your undershorts three days prior, those coyotes would have left before you got all the way out of your truck.
Posted By: bob pake

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/23/16 08:55 PM

A acquaintance of mine who runs a pest control company flatly states . The most murderous , vicious , killing animal on the planet is a human and every other animal knows it. While I try many eviction products he swears by human urine and stinky t shirts. It's cheap and plentiful . If you try it let me know how you make out .
Thanks Bob
Posted By: Budfish

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/23/16 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bob pake
A acquaintance of mine who runs a pest control company flatly states . The most murderous , vicious , killing animal on the planet is a human and every other animal knows it. While I try many eviction products he swears by human urine and stinky t shirts. It's cheap and plentiful . If you try it let me know how you make out .
Thanks Bob

My grandpa tried that once in his watermelon patch to keep the deer out. He put paper bags on posts throughout the garden and peed on them several times a week. It did not seem to help at all. Those deer kept tearing up his watermelons.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/24/16 02:34 AM

A deer is not a coyote.
I once protected all of the threatened ground nesting shorebirds on an entire Island from a lone coyote by placing unset 220 Conibears sprinkled with human urine near all of the nests we could find.
The key, however, might have been the fact that I pinched its foot early on in the project, making it highly suspect of anything associated with me.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/24/16 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Budfish
Originally Posted By: bob pake
Thanks Bob

My grandpa tried that once in his watermelon patch to keep the deer out. He put paper bags on posts throughout the garden and peed on them several times a week. It did not seem to help at all. Those deer kept tearing up his watermelons.

Some may say it's worth risking one's neck to get to watermelons that are grown right!

The deer and coyotes tear up my dad's melon patch relentlessly too.
Posted By: Victor

Re: Hazing coyotes advice needed - 04/27/16 02:09 AM

Go to the dog groomers, and get bags of fur. Throw dog hair down, and around the hole of the den. Fireworks down a den hole don't make much noise, and the smell of burnt powder will discourage residents from staying there.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums