Home

Snake's

Posted By: Scott Newby

Snake's - 04/16/16 12:02 PM

Had the Police Dept. call for the Golf course for a problem with Cottonmouths chasing people. They ask if I could remove them. I told them the only way I knew to remove them was shoot them, he told me could not use a gun in city limits so I declined the job. I don't have a removal business, so does anyone have a idea of how that job could have been done.
Posted By: InTheDitch

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 12:09 PM

Yes get i broom handle sized stuck and hit them.
Posted By: InTheDitch

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 12:10 PM

Stick*
Posted By: AR Swampboss

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott Newby
Had the Police Dept. call for the Golf course for a problem with Cottonmouths chasing people. They ask if I could remove them. I told them the only way I knew to remove them was shoot them, he told me could not use a gun in city limits so I declined the job. I don't have a removal business, so does anyone have a idea of how that job could have been done.

Ha ha , I bet it was a chicken snake. Sad world we live in when people can't deal with a snake. ( I mean the golf course )
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 12:51 PM

That could have turned in to a good deal for you with an on going client business. Get a set or two of grasping tongs of a couple different lengths a good sturdy sack or a couple of buckets and you are in business. Most likely you would get some repeat business over time as well.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 08:25 PM

If they were serious about removal, they'd take care of the "No shooting" thing. Sounds like the Mayor got scared on the back 9.
Posted By: Scott Newby

Re: Snake's - 04/16/16 08:35 PM

If they were serious about removal, they'd take care of the "No shooting" thing. Sounds like the Mayor got scared on the back 9. That could be it BigBob.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Snake's - 04/18/16 10:46 PM

Water snakes are aggressive/curious and come towards us at times IME...moreso than cottonmouths.

Most folks can't tell the difference tween a non-venomous water snake and cottonmouth.

Tongs and a burlap sack would be my go to tools on this 1...easy money.

Cahaba snake trap or even home made 1 out of downspout mat'l would not work since the terrain is too open.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Snake's - 04/19/16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: traprjohn
Water snakes are aggressive/curious and come towards us at times IME...moreso than cottonmouths.

Most folks can't tell the difference tween a non-venomous water snake and cottonmouth.

Agree 100%. I'd never believe the callers when dealing with snake calls. I've been doing this 26 years, and have NEVER responded to a call that actually HAD a venomous snake, but 50% of the callers *know* it is!

BTW.... also never had to "shoot" snakes. Catch by hand (with tongs) or trap them using glue traps. Sounds like they are reacting on fear if they think shooting is the answer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums