Home

foam guns

Posted By: bdrooks

foam guns - 02/10/16 11:01 PM

first let me start by saying i am not big on using foam for sealing up homes i had rather use caulk.
with that being said i do use pur black foam on some jobs that have deep cracks in blocks or bricks and then go back and seal over the foam with caulk to make it look better. question is do yall like pur black or ipf foam? i am about out of pur black and seen the other has hot spice in it. what are your thoughts?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: foam guns - 02/11/16 01:24 AM

I have enough trouble with my technicians eating the bait. I don't think I want them eating the foam too.
Posted By: SOUTHERN STEEL

Re: foam guns - 02/11/16 01:44 AM

I have only used the pur black, I use copper stuffit, mostly caulk but use the foam on top because I can trim it with a knife to look like everything around it ( you can paint it to).
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: foam guns - 02/11/16 08:18 AM

I like foam, but everything but bats has chewed through it on occasion. The white goes on white, but turns that dark yellow/orange in the sun... A sure call back. The black is easier to hide but easier to chew through. If you can stuff copper into the hole and inject the foam inside the copper its got gap filling properties and resistance. Oddly enough, we've seen some thick silicone chew through this year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums