Home

remove skunks from under sunroom ?

Posted By: nute

remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/07/16 03:36 PM

Howdy Guys. Not an expert here so this is why I'm here. I have a lady who has a skunk under her sunroom . She lost here husband to an accident and moved to town and bought a house . She had skunk smell the first day. Called me [Friend} to help. There is a dug hole under her steps. With cold weather the skunks will not move like summer so what can I do ? thanks Denny
Posted By: bob pake

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/07/16 05:02 PM

I like to exclude skunks.
Dig down a foot and out about a 16 inches .Use a one way door at the existing point of entery + welded wire around the entire sun porch. This will be mostly below grade with a small horizontal section about 16 inches jutting out to prevent future dig unders. This way winter skunks can leave on their own time table, but not re occupy .
I suspect that it you just remove the skunk that you will have new skunk visitors .
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/07/16 09:53 PM

They will move and can be trapped. They dont hibernate and will still need food. The trench out and hardware cloth method will work once the ground thaws.
Posted By: nute

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/07/16 10:39 PM

thanks so munch.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/07/16 10:44 PM

I like to exclude skunks. As was quoted.

With all the activity this time of year that is the way to go without having to make a lot of trips potentially back and forth.
Posted By: 2 TRAPS

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/08/16 03:20 PM

skunks are mating now. moving almost every night.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/09/16 01:22 AM

Not mating here, unless they have a pair of skunk snowshoes
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/09/16 03:13 PM

Yup. Block all but one way out and put in a one way door to prevent any boyfriends from visiting and keeping them out when they leave.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 02/09/16 04:48 PM

Snow, poor daylight times and bad weather is when most babies are made. Historically speaking.:)
Posted By: arrowsmith

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 03/09/16 08:06 PM

Hello all. What type of one way door would you use to exclude a skunk? Any pictures appreciated.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 03/09/16 09:29 PM

You can make your own if you are handy, I bought some "coontrollers" from WCS for raccoon and use them all the time on skunks.

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/KBCOONTLR.html

They aren't cheap but they haven't let me down yet, when paired with a camera really makes a nice combo for exclusion scenarios of animals of a skunk and raccoon size...

The locking door I believe is a worthy upgrade if building your own or buying. I've had some rock squirrels out here beat the safeguard one ways (on film).
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: remove skunks from under sunroom ? - 03/09/16 11:43 PM

I use a double door trap instead of a 1 way. Same idea though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums