Home

animal removal question.

Posted By: CAMadc

animal removal question. - 01/24/16 03:22 AM

so i just got my NWCO permit. ( man that test was hard! ) got an 86 percent laugh in the terms of the permit it says i can use almost any method besides poison to get animals out of a clients property. mechanical ferrets, smoke, water, etc. i plan on using traditional methods BUT i was wondering are there some unconventional methods that only ADC people use that a fur trapper wouldnt necessarily use / be able to use?
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 04:28 AM

Where does it say we can use Mechanical snares ? Been at this along time and that's a new one on me. Not hard to get permission but never saw it in print ??

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 05:06 AM

I'll have to get out the manual. I JUST passed, and am not an expert by any means. I think I confused them with mechanical ferrets? Whatever those are eek
Posted By: TDHP

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 02:41 PM

Congrats! If you don't understand the manual or laws, make the phone call to your appropriate outfit who could provide you with a better understanding. Things are about to start rocking and rolling, last thing you want is to put out a bunch of illegal sets on someone's property, and have an oops.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 04:13 PM

A mechanical ferret sounds cool. I'm picturing something like a plumber's toilet bowl snake.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 04:37 PM

Is this the 'mechanical ferret' of which you speak?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUeHNezkQnU

crazy crazy

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 05:26 PM

HA! (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) that thing would have me running!
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 06:07 PM

See a lot of unconventional things from different people. See guys use drones, blowguns, thermal cameras, chloroform, net guns, and occasionally tranquilizer guns.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: animal removal question. - 01/24/16 06:11 PM

smile The paper work / legal issues part is always fun

Re: animal removal question. - 01/25/16 12:00 AM

sounds EXPENSIVE. thermal cameras would be interesting though!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: animal removal question. - 01/25/16 12:09 AM

What part of iowa?

Congratulations
Posted By: TRapper

Re: animal removal question. - 01/25/16 12:11 AM

In adc...traditional is more cages and live capture...not much use for footholds and snares unless in beaver situation or rural situations
© 2024 Trapperman Forums