Home

Animals In Church

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Animals In Church - 11/29/15 10:49 PM

Today was my new granddaughter's baptism. So we go to my son's church and I sit down in the pew that was reserved for the family. I

look across the aisle and sitting on this woman's lap is a dog. Now I've gotten raccoons, squirrels, lots of bats, and even one

skunk out of churches in the past. But this was the first time I shared a church service with a schnauzer. It's harness said it was

a service dog but the woman could obviously see alright. What other kinds of service dogs are there besides "seeing eye"?
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 12:26 AM

FACT: Most People Do Not Know They Qualify For A Service Animal Or Emotional Support Animal.

Service Dogs,Emotional Support Dogs and Therapy Dogs can benefit people with disabilities associated with many diagnoses, including: Arthritis Ataxia (poor balance) Autism Blindness or Impaired Vision Deafness or Impaired Hearing Diabetes Cardio/Pulmonary Disease Cerebral Palsy Physical mobility Issues Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.) Psychiatric Disabilities Seizure Disorders (Epilepsy) Severe Allergy Alert Spina Bifida Spinal Cord/Head Trauma Stroke,Cancer Anxiety Depression Bipolar disorder Mood disorder Fear/phobias Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Suicidal Thoughts/Tendencies Adjustment Disorder Generalized anxiety disorder Social anxiety disorder Panic disorder Separation anxiety Dissociative Disorders Factitious Disorders Eating Disorders Impulse-Control Disorders Mental Disorders Due to a General Medical Condition Neurocognitive Disorders Mood Disorders Neurodevelopmental Disorders Personality Disorders Psychotic Disorders Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders Sleep Disorders Somatoform Disorders Substance Related Disorders

This is just a partial list of disabilities that qualify under ADA.

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 03:18 AM

Wow! Talk about the right place to ask a question. You're right; I had no idea about the qualifications. Thanks for responding, ponyboy.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 01:18 PM

I have to agree with Paul. Sure makes me feel bless that I do not have any of those problems.
Have a great day!

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 04:15 PM

ponyboy,we take care of my daughter's family's Yorkshire terrier when they are at work. This stupid dog barks at anything and

everything and is starting to give me a Pain in the Butt Disorder. Should I consider getting a Service Bobcat that eats Yorkies?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 10:26 PM

A service Yote might be a better choice, looks enough like a dog to get away with taking it anywhere!
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Animals In Church - 11/30/15 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
ponyboy,we take care of my daughter's family's Yorkshire terrier when they are at work. This stupid dog barks at anything and

everything and is starting to give me a Pain in the Butt Disorder. Should I consider getting a Service Bobcat that eats Yorkies?

Or a case of Preparation H.......... smile

Re: Animals In Church - 12/09/15 11:38 PM

So run, what kind of service dog do they recommend for a Sexual and Gender Identity Disorder?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Animals In Church - 12/10/15 12:48 AM

Most likely a doxon on hormone therapy.

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Animals In Church - 12/10/15 12:49 AM

You know, now that I look at that pic, that dog really needs it's nails trimmed. It probably can't stand correctly.

Re: Animals In Church - 12/10/15 02:18 AM

Eaten, after studying the picture carefully, I believe you've may have mismatched the dog to the disorder. This particular canine

looks like a perfect match for an Eating Disorder or Manicure Disorder.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums