Home

Favorite Thanksgiving sides

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 01:29 PM

It's time to start planning. Any of you have any favorite sides that are easy to prepare? It's fun to try something new.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 01:40 PM

I discovered this recipe several years ago and it became an instant tradition. Soooo much better than any other cranberry dish, even children beg for seconds.

http://www.southernplate.com/2011/11/cranberry-crunch-and-ghosts-of-thanksgiving-past.html
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 05:54 PM

Take a half a glass of your favorite whiskey, add three or four maraschino cherries and about half a shot of cherry juice. Fill the

rest of the glass with 7up. This recipe is only for those of you that know what "Drink Responsibly" means. Unfortunately I will have

to be satisfied with just the 7up and cherry juice.

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 05:55 PM

Doesn't the 7up dilute the good stuff?

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 06:02 PM

I'll try making it with the kid tonight!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/21/15 06:15 PM

I think that's the problem. It tastes like a kiddie cocktail, so you just keep slurping 'em down. Then by the time you sober up, it's Christmas!
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/22/15 01:39 AM

I have always been fond of " Apple Pie" on Thanksgiving.....and most other days.

Posted By: billylilly

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/22/15 01:52 AM

Would love a jar Albert!

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/22/15 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30
I discovered this recipe several years ago and it became an instant tradition. Soooo much better than any other cranberry dish, even children beg for seconds.

http://www.southernplate.com/2011/11/cranberry-crunch-and-ghosts-of-thanksgiving-past.html

The kid and wife approve! It's on the menu! The wife asked how much butter was in it. I wouldn't tell her, but my insane giggling which kept getting louder each time she asked may have given it away. I doubled the crust recipe, so 2 sticks.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/22/15 11:11 PM

For me creamed onions absolutely MAKE thanksgiving and more importantly the sandwiches that come after. I won't pretend to know how my wife makes em but I know that when they cool in the fridge they take on the consistency of marshmallow salad and go PERFECT on top of a sandwich of turkey, dressing, cranberry and squash! Make sure to use the small pearled onions in a jar and I like the smaller ones!
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/22/15 11:11 PM

Creamed onions

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamed-onions-109220
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/23/15 04:31 AM

Mashed turnips.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/23/15 05:52 AM

Favorite side was my wife,,,,,....Left/right,,,,,it is good to be king.............
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/23/15 01:14 PM

Mashed potatoes, with cheese of your choice, MELTED/blended into it.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving sides - 11/23/15 01:37 PM

Dolly Parton salad.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums