Home

How to get started in adc work

Posted By: 2 TRAPS

How to get started in adc work - 10/25/15 03:13 AM

Ok guys and gals. I need help getting started in adc work. I have alot of fur trapping seasons under my belt but no adc. Recently got contact with person that's having skunk issues. Contract, pricing, insurance, that's type information i need help with. I think i got enough gear to get started on raccoon skunk, possum and, ground hog. . Expand from there. I have great people skills and from what I'm told that's most of the job. I have a burning desire to make my living trapping and fur trapping is just hobby i wish paid year round.

Thanks for any advice
God bless
Kevin Wimmer
Posted By: sgs

Re: How to get started in adc work - 10/25/15 11:00 AM

The first thing you should do is contact your Fish & Game Dept. to find out about licensing.

Then start thinking about your customer base. Population, density and demographics are important. It takes quite a few people to make wildlife control a full time business. Rich and urban folks are going to give you a lot more work than low income and rural folks.

Most insurance agents can work out a contractor liability policy for you. If yours can't, do a search in this forum for insurance and you will get a few names to call.

Pricing will be unique to your area. Talk to people in your trapping or wco association for the going rates in your area.

All that should get you going in the right direction. I'm sure you'll get plenty of imput. Good luck.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: How to get started in adc work - 10/25/15 12:36 PM

There is a test required for your permit in VA. Contact Mike Fies 540-248-9390 This link will get you to the information for your permit http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/forms/PERM/PERM-nuisance.pdf

Kurt Temple
Posted By: 2 TRAPS

Re: How to get started in adc work - 10/25/15 07:25 PM

Thanks everyone. What are the costs for the permit?
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: How to get started in adc work - 10/27/15 12:54 PM

Just do it. Knock on doors, have a web presence, and learn from fellow ADC. I have been at it for three years and each year my business has improved. In two more years I hope to be making more than the wife. My wife earns very good money.

Chuck
© 2024 Trapperman Forums