Home

ladder leveling wedge?

Posted By: traprjohn

ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 01:24 PM

I need an adjustable wedge like the one below.
I'm sure I saw 1 in a WCT magazine but can't find it.
Anyone got more info?
Posted By: bjansma

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 01:32 PM

Wildlifecontrolsupplies.com carries it. $94 Almost pulled the trigger myself. Would be curious to hear if anyone has used it and liked it.
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 01:35 PM

I like the levlok system
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 01:36 PM

Don't use them. We have installed leg levelers' on all our ladders many years ago. Too many accidents can occur when using independent wedges etc. for ladder supports. Leg levelers never shift once they are set into position by the operator.

http://wernerparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=249_378_382#1_4

There are two types we use. For shorter 16 ft ladders we use the rod type levelers. They work great and have a good range of adjustment for work on gable peaks and sharp angle roof edges if needed. Still safety is needed for someone to support the bottom side of the ladder leg for additional support for the worker on the ladder just to be on the safe side.

We have used these for many years once I knew they were available I never looked back. All of our ladders and new purchases get a set automatically.

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 02:08 PM

I have a bat job with 1 VERY steep pitch and another with slight pitch.
I've been building my own wedges (twice) to fit the roof but its too time consuming.

Bob--those feet don't look like they pivot sideways like i need on a roof...but thanx.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 05:01 PM

I use ladder levelers also, but I have the PiViT Wedge too. It comes in handy for putting a 6' ladder on a roof, but mostly I use it hooked onto my ridgehook ladder to stand on. It's not an everyday item, but for sure has it's place. The cost is well worth it when it's needed.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 06:39 PM

The round leg adjustable round feet levelers pivot 360 degrees. The standard werner levelers do not pivot at any angle, they are for ground level use primarily.

LADDER ACCESSORIES 600C Ladder Leveler Pair

X-Tenda legs I believe they are called.
Posted By: jgrimm

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/10/15 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
Don't use them. We have installed leg leveler' on all our ladders many years ago. Too many accidents can occur when using independent wedges etc. for ladder supports. Leg levelers never shift once they are set into position by the operator.

X100!

I know many operators that use them and like them, but we threw ours away. Way too dangerous and they like to flip. It cost my workers comp insurance $12K for plates and screws to repair a broken foot of a employee last season. Not to mention a increase in premiums as they will eventually get it back. All better now and he is back to work, but it cost the company $50K-$60K with an additional lost in gross wages towards the end of season, as he was out of commission.
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/11/15 04:33 AM

I like it but I mostly use it on the ground. Hopefully I don't end my career on account of it.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/14/15 02:10 AM

Jason, were you using a commercially-made wedge like the Pivit or a homemade?
Posted By: jgrimm

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/14/15 03:01 AM

Employee was using The Pivit.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/14/15 07:42 PM

There is a yellow bracket that fits the pivit.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/14/15 07:54 PM

Brooker, if you're worried about it, I can show you how to fall. I'm really good at it. Some even say that me and gravity have a thing going.

Re: ladder leveling wedge? - 09/15/15 03:06 AM

Ordered the xtenda-legs-600 and offsets. Should be waiting at home when we get home from Outer Banks.

A month ago I made a wedge to fit the roofs pitch and had a helper holding foot agin it and held ladder too.

Awaiting job has 2 different pitched roofs which are different than last job.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums