Home

Oh crap...

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Oh crap... - 08/27/15 04:38 PM

I locked myself out of the truck. I can see my keys sitting on the center console.

Sigh...

I hope AAA arrives soon.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 05:15 PM

Your not supposed to leave passenger door locked. I have to admit, I've learned that one the hard way too.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 06:25 PM

I keep a spare key in a plastic magnetic box under the inside railing of my pickup. It was purchased at Walmart for about $2.00. It has been used a few times. See- http://www.walmart.com/ip/19512258?reviews_limit=9&. They work better than a doormat for hiding house keys.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 07:02 PM

I wired a spare in a secret spot, I used to walk 5-10 miles a day and I've seen plenty of those mag boxes on the side of the road.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 07:05 PM

This is the three key rule. Key #1 in your pocket or in this case, the ignition. Key#2 hidden somewhere in Ron's magnetic box. Key#3

hanging on a hook in the closet with the rest of the spare keys. Now my wife's new keyless Toyota is a rule breaker. It comes with

two remotes and at $500 apiece, I doubt we'll be getting a third one anytime soon.

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 08:08 PM

I hate those keyless cars. I managed to start my wife's car....drive to Detroit for a doctor appointment...and parked the car. After I turned the car off, I realized the key was on the kitchen table at home. I couldn't start the car.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 08:44 PM

Key pad door locks, I lock my keys in it on purpose. The only time I do t leave them in it is in my driveway at night. Don't want to have to shoot holes in my own truck lol
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 10:30 PM

Dave, how did you get it started? You can't start my wife's unless the remote is inside the car. You also can't lock it with the remote

inside the car or with the motor running.

Re: Oh crap... - 08/27/15 11:34 PM

I must have an older model. I just pushed the button and drove away. The keys were about 15 feet away!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Oh crap... - 08/28/15 12:43 AM

I keep a spare wired to the interior of my truck cap and taped out of sight of the average Joe. Its been used several times. A couple from my mistakes but most from another individual lacking a good mental program riding along with me who thinks they are helping out.:)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums