Home

Tube Traps

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Tube Traps - 08/26/15 12:06 AM

Caught an opossum in one today. It was a baby, but never imagined I'd see that.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 12:13 AM

Imagination is one of those things required in ADC. I always imagine a coon running down the road looking like peg leg the pirate.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 02:38 AM

We are talking about the round killer trap for squirrels, right?
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 03:03 AM

Baby possums are like the size of a bumblebee. I just can't imagine

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 10:35 AM

Yup, the tube trap for squirrels. I had 2 sitting at the base of my peach tree. I suppose "baby" is relative. This one's body wasn't much larger than a squirrel's.

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 10:42 AM

Shhh....

Sleeping...

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Tube Traps - 08/26/15 02:57 PM

I love opossums. They're one of the few animals that I'm almost as smart as. We had a large colonial home that belonged to a college.

The large female died in the garage but all the babies were small enough to get into the house. We caught baby opossums on every

floor, in just about every room, in that building.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Tube Traps - 08/27/15 11:07 PM

I love the tubes for squirrels. I put one at ground level for a red squ. ground entry, which is a pretty small squ. for this trap, but I didn't have any small cages with me. First thing I asked the customer, "have you had ANY skunk activity?". He said he had never seen a skunk on his property.
The phone went off around 2:30-3 AM. He smelled burning rubber in the middle of the night and not knowing where it was coming from, he called the fire dept. Every firetruck and everyone with a blue light showed up. Yup, the burning rubber that he smelled was a skunk. It was alive for quite a while, spraying constantly until it finally died. Lesson learned.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums