Home

Mice

Posted By: Getting There

Mice - 08/25/15 01:49 AM

Best bait for mice?
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Mice - 08/25/15 01:57 AM

I've found peanut butter with bird seeds. Works well in the snap traps. The weird thing is I have had zero success getting them into multiple / colony type traps with any bait
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Mice - 08/26/15 05:09 PM

Rodenticide must be a billion dollar industry.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Mice - 08/26/15 05:35 PM

My dear old mother must have caught a thousand of them using flour. Not a great outdoor bait and sometimes they eat all the flour

without getting caught, but not very often and I was amazed at the success. Strange about the repeater traps. If they are working

properly, we always find the bottom lined with that gorgeous mouse fur from previous occupants. Apparently, mouse tastes really good,

especially to other mice.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Mice - 08/26/15 05:45 PM

I like vanilla....they dont stop searching for the smell til the trap sets off on em
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Mice - 08/26/15 11:42 PM

Have had best success with P-Butter, but I like the idea of the Vanilla, seems like the smell will fill the whole house and draw them in.

Re: Mice - 08/27/15 12:22 AM

Yeah, Ma always used whatever she had on hand and the Winklmanns were never known as the last of the big spenders. ( Except maybe

when we were sitting in a tavern )
Posted By: harryleggs

Re: Mice - 08/28/15 02:24 AM

Soup can with a bit of sweet mix in it. Put the snap trap just inside the can with the sweet mix. Might want to flatten that can a bit so the snap trap lays flat and steady. A touch of vanilla for lure. Mouse has to pass over the trap to get to the bait. You will catch mice. This set will catch all varieties. Kangaroo mice, voles. The molasses in the sweet mix is a good attractor also. Use a surveyor flag to mark the location. A dozen of these along a weedy fence line will get you a gallon in short order. Good luck with your mouse line. LOL! IT WORKS!
Posted By: AR Swampboss

Re: Mice - 08/28/15 05:04 AM

I don't trap mice professionally but I murder them in the snap traps at home in my shop. with just a small piece of wheat bread. I pack it into a ball about the size of a pinto bean . It holds on the trap and holds for months till one finds it.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Mice - 09/01/15 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveK
Rodenticide must be a billion dollar industry.

what do you all recommend for a rural homeowner?

(I don't really think I need an 18 lb. pail)

Thanks!

Re: Mice - 09/01/15 11:29 PM

I use our prevent a mouse program on my own home.
http://www.crittercatchersinc.com/critters/Mice/Prevent-A-Mouse.html

Re: Mice - 09/02/15 12:10 AM

And just like Dave, our interior bait stations allow us to introduce the customer to our new Prevent-A-Smell program. Another timely add on.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Mice - 09/02/15 12:28 AM

appreciate the replies.

my house is on an old stone foundation, and nothing is square.

I've resigned myself to on-going rodenticide treatments.

Re: Mice - 09/02/15 12:56 AM

Mice live and die all the time in homes....with or without rodenticide. They only live a year or so....but during that time they multiply rapidly. Ultimately, it comes down to the quantity that end up dieing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums