Home

Dillo Den Advice

Posted By: Aggie73

Dillo Den Advice - 08/06/15 08:12 PM

Put a posi-set using a custom Comstock nose cone along with a 9 X11 double door with no luck for 2 straight nights. Checked for dig out exit holes all around and found none. How long will a Dillo hole up? Of course, he might have skipped town before I set the trap but it was very freshly dug! Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Dillo Den Advice - 08/07/15 12:45 AM

Two words “Drift Fences”. Check your PM’s.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Dillo Den Advice - 08/07/15 01:43 AM

Don't count on dens to produce. Dillers outside of baby season show zero site fidelity and use burrows as rest stops rather than permanent home.
Posted By: Aggie73

Re: Dillo Den Advice - 08/07/15 03:01 PM

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help and advice.

I've copied and filed notes and pics of both of ya'lls set ups with "Drift Fences" from the archives. Excellent stuff!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Dillo Den Advice - 08/08/15 01:19 AM

Outside of rearing season they are somewhat nomads til they find a steady food source and then usually multiple dillos can be caught...caught 14 out of a southern mo lawn one time
Posted By: warrior

Re: Dillo Den Advice - 08/08/15 02:08 AM

Of course if the hole is in the clients yard then you have to park a cage in front of it or you'll never hear the end of it.

I've lost count the times I've caught diller after diller out in the yard while a cage sits empty in front of a hole under the HVAC unit. Just nod and grin about that slick one giving you the slip.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums