Home

time to tear the roof off....

Posted By: travellintrapper

time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 11:54 AM

Raccoon gotten in through an aluminum soffit vent, and the smell was just too much for them...

just got the one side pulled off..

coon poop

bat poop

more bat poop

almost done....

today im going to meet the contractor who is putting it all back together for me....

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 11:55 AM

there was also at some point a decent sized bat colony and also flying squirrles. we have the northern flyers here and they are my best friend!

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 12:02 PM

no fun getting up there...

a roof on a roof, always a nice touch...

finally getting into some action..

after removing a piece of soffit venting, you can see where the coon had tunnels in the chambers between the trusses

gained access here, I pulled the one piece down, but if you look up higher you will see where she made entry

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 12:07 PM

this is an older, 8,000 square foot home and the lake it sits on brings the value to well over 2 million according to the county tax site. the homes on this lake are seriously overpriced, but there are some real gems there as well. One of their neighbors is selling and has it listed for $8,500,000. It is also home to many celebrity types from MN such as athletes. One of their other neighbnors is Brett Hedican (NHL) and Kristy Yamahoweveryouspellit (figure skating). the owners live in Nebraska and are only here occasionally in the summer. They have heard noises before, but chose to ignore it.

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 12:51 PM

Heads up, check new building codes, if you expose the roof like that you may be required to bring it up to the new energy code for insulation. Sounds like they have the funds, just make sure you don't have to eat the cost if it isn't done right the first time

Looks like what I use to do for a living, I hate working on homes now, I just want to catch the critters now
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 01:22 PM

Is that flashing on the OUTSIDE of the shingles in the 6th pic?
Posted By: MChewk

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 02:04 PM

Mmmm,..... I can smell THAT STANK now....whew!
From the looks of it the owners have had activity for some time...?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 03:24 PM

trapjohn, good call on the flashing. I used to roof in another life and I completely missed it. I really enjoy some of my wealthier

customers. I trapped muskrats for this couple on their property, which was nice, but not elaborate. Today I read in the paper that

they gave another ten million dollars to another needy cause. I think they do that just about every year.

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 07/30/15 08:08 PM

It's under the shingles.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: time to tear the roof off.... - 08/02/15 04:46 AM

W valley
© 2024 Trapperman Forums