Home

Hiring

Posted By: Throw Back

Hiring - 07/22/15 03:53 AM

So I have a project for college about hiring for the company I work for, which unfortunately is mine. IF you had to spend $1000 or MORE on the hiring process what would you do? Job fairs? Ads? Where would you look?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Hiring - 07/22/15 04:13 AM

If California has a college that specializes in Natural Resources like we do, there's your best bet. You call the college, talk to

whoever tries to find graduates jobs, and fax them a detailed sheet of what you are looking for in a new hire. You will probably get

several applicants to interview and still have the $1000 in your pocket. ( That should get you an A )
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Hiring - 07/22/15 11:50 AM

I'd only spend half on advertising to locate employee. I'd save the other half for when he backs the truck into a pole.
Posted By: Aaron Curtis

Re: Hiring - 07/24/15 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveK
I'd only spend half on advertising to locate employee. I'd save the other half for when he backs the truck into a pole.

Hahaha! Or a barn door! Lookout!

Re: Hiring - 07/28/15 01:38 AM

Before you laugh.....I recall one cracking drywall.
Posted By: Aaron Curtis

Re: Hiring - 07/31/15 04:45 AM

Hey don't feel bad.......I cracked some too......lol

Re: Hiring - 07/31/15 05:12 AM

I stepped through a ceiling. Had it fixed before they were home. Still a big disappointment.

Re: Hiring - 08/01/15 02:29 AM

There is something about a new employee learning curve that will cost you $500. Never fails.

Re: Hiring - 08/01/15 02:39 AM

There is something about a new employee learning curve that will cost you $500. Never fails.

and thats besides the $2,000 in insurance, work comp, and payroll fees.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Hiring - 08/01/15 02:58 AM

Dave, did you by any chance see the stuff fall out of our new techs truck and get run over, or are you just psychic? He made amends

by buying my wife a "Happy 21st Birthday" balloon yesterday. And it paid off. He's on a "bat in the house" call right now.

Re: Hiring - 08/01/15 03:01 AM

I will go with psychic...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums