Home

First ferral cat job

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 01:46 AM

Got a call today for ferral cats in a barn. Any thing you guys can suggest before I go would be great

Thx in advance
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 02:37 PM

Lotsa cages, lotsa cat food,= lotsa money. And if you squeamish about putting them down, just ship 'em to Australia.

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 03:09 PM

Not squeamish but the law says I can't put them down, I take the. To county shelter and they evaluate each cat. (Then they put them down). Small hassle but keeps me legal

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 06:54 PM

That small hassle also keeps the cat crazies from screaming at you. "The nice man took our wild cats to a shelter where they will be

tamed and given to a wonderful family who love cats!"
Posted By: sgs

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 08:48 PM

Make sure you cut off their food supply right away. Use as many traps as you can. Charge extra for the trip to the shelter.

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/20/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
That small hassle also keeps the cat crazies from screaming at you. "The nice man took our wild cats to a shelter where they will be

He he he he he !!
Posted By: bluebill

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/21/15 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Michigan Trappin
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

He he he he he !!

I tried that once. That cat crazies still screamed at me. I won't touch cats with a 10ft pole. Hope it goes better for you.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/21/15 12:47 PM

There is a special license in michigan for domestics....

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/21/15 03:00 PM

Wow, I'm glad I live in Wisconsin. We don't need a special license for the housekeeper, the babysitter, or the butler.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/21/15 03:35 PM

WI is certainly an attractive state to do business.

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/21/15 10:29 PM

Well come on over and give it a try. If you can make money in Wisconsin, you can make money anywhere. Even our rich people are tight.
Posted By: Trapper Kurt

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/24/15 04:21 AM

For cats I like to use smoked salmon / fish bait and some fish oil and some cat food as a base. Though I would like to set up a game camera to see the race between the raccoon and the cats.
Be prepared and bid enough time to remove both.
Posted By: Trapper Kurt

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/24/15 04:28 AM

One of my clients called me yesterday. I set up to catch a feral cat in her back yard on Monday. She called to tell me I caught a cat but it is the "wrong" cat. I asked if it was a feral cat, she said "oh yes it is, but it is not the right one. The one I caught does not cause as much trouble as the one that I was supposed to catch.
So I could use some help in a bait to put in a cage trap to catch a white and grey cat, while not attracting the yellow and black cat.
1 cat removed, one customer that is not yet happy!
Good thing I am young! I have some time!

Re: First ferral cat job - 07/24/15 05:18 AM

The problem was not your bait, it was the number of cages. You always set three. One for the black and yellow cat, one for the

raccoon that you know you're going to catch, and the third one for the target white and grey one.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums