Home

chipmunks

Posted By: Brian Sprague

chipmunks - 07/20/15 12:48 AM

Hay was looking for suggestions on what would be a good chipmunk bait for a box trap.Thanks
Posted By: Sweet Pea

Re: chipmunks - 07/20/15 02:11 AM

I use LT's Blaq Walnut. Never saw a chipmunk pass it up. Bob Jameson has a nut flavor bait also. I've never used it but heard good things about it.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: chipmunks - 07/20/15 12:53 PM

Black oil sunflower seeds
Posted By: Trapper Kurt

Re: chipmunks - 07/24/15 04:47 AM

Peanut butter with birdseed mixed into it works well for me.
Posted By: willvalley

Re: chipmunks - 07/25/15 04:09 AM

I know a fellow that likes the little critters to mount for scientific displays. The bait he says works is peanut butter, chopped raisins , chopped dried currants, and the secret ingredient - bacon grease.
He says it is not only good for all species of squirrels but mice, voles and shrews will die for it.
Ted
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: chipmunks - 07/25/15 11:30 AM

Guess the bacon grease is not so secret now, LOL. I had heard about the grease for rats also, have some with me but hadn't used it in a while. The combination above sounds like it would make a pretty good sandwich! I like the black oil sunflower seeds too. Had a bag of old peanuts that I crunch up. Use double door cage traps along a wall with the bait to have the best of both worlds, attractor and location from either direction.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: chipmunks - 07/25/15 04:32 PM

I never cease to be amazed at questions like this one. My question is: Is there any rodent bait in the entire world that will not

catch chipmunks? I don't use any of the baits mentioned so far and I am looked upon in some circles as The Chipmunk Wizard. ( I am

especially good at catching them when I don't want to )
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: chipmunks - 07/25/15 07:38 PM

Peanut butter with corn, catches ever las one of them.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: chipmunks - 07/25/15 08:00 PM

Let Hay know that you don't need bait if you set along a side of house and lean a board against the house. They like to run for cover.
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: chipmunks - 07/28/15 12:12 PM

Chipmunk wizard huh... I believe the who may have written a song about you...

Re: chipmunks - 07/28/15 02:25 PM

You're thinking of the Woodchuck Wizard. ( Which may also have been written about me in my early years )
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: chipmunks - 07/29/15 05:36 AM

Check out them rocks from wcs for chipmunks pretty slick baits really not needed but can be used

Re: chipmunks - 07/29/15 06:56 PM

Pesky, the original rock boxes from Protecta were too flimsy and we quit using them. They also cost way more than the regular boxes.

Those boxes from WCS are cheaper and they also look like they're more heavy duty.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: chipmunks - 07/29/15 08:41 PM

Combo PB and Bird/squirrel seed. Boxes from Wally World for $.97 w/lid. Cut hole in end for access. Works well.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: chipmunks - 07/30/15 03:20 AM

Pretty slick brian
© 2024 Trapperman Forums