Home

Gigantic Weasel

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Gigantic Weasel - 07/18/15 02:07 PM

How's that for an oxymoron? This is the longest short-tailed weasel I've ever caught. He must be more than a foot long counting his

tail. Pretty scary, isn't it? The only reason I mention this is because this is the second weasel in a row that I caught in a WCS

trap baited with squirrel paste for red squirrels. Nothing was caught in either trap for a couple of weeks, so it wasn't any fresh

animal smells that lured them in. Do you think they were trying to have a cold salad before they had their hot meal?
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Gigantic Weasel - 07/18/15 03:11 PM

Maybe just exploring that family of species is a curious sort.....
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Gigantic Weasel - 07/19/15 12:56 AM

Well I let Winky the Weasel go in our backyard with the hopes the he liked me enough to take care of our over-population of bunny

Wabbits. He looked hungry this morning so I gave him his favorite breakfast; live house mouse. This was really interesting and

exciting. ( Except for the mouse ) I have now caught really great examples of all three of our species; the long-tailed, short-

tailed, and least weasel. And HD, you are the second one today to tell me they were just exploring, so I'm going to go with that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums