Home

Feral Cats

Posted By: Coondog6

Feral Cats - 07/17/15 02:48 PM

Hello All,

I am doing a beaver job in a condo (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). A resident pulled up and asked me if I knew how to get cats from urinating in his lawn. I suggested coyote pee but, it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chuck
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Feral Cats - 07/17/15 02:56 PM

Sorry, trap and remove is the only foolproof method that we have encountered and even that can be on-going if you have a lunatic

neighbor that keeps getting wild cats from the Humane Society and releasing them in her subdivision.
Posted By: sgs

Re: Feral Cats - 07/17/15 03:10 PM

Urinating on his lawn? That's a new one on me. Cats like a litter box so to speak. Loose dirt, sand, etc., is an attraction. It's usually pretty easy to get cats to urinate/defecate at one location.

Are the cats really feral or are they just house cats that get let out?
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Feral Cats - 07/17/15 03:24 PM

The cats are the nutty neighbors. She has been issued a letter by the condo (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). Lawyer but still leaves her cats out.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Feral Cats - 07/18/15 02:38 PM

Hey coondog6....keep noticing a pattern in your questions about wildlife control....keep asking if urine will scare off things when in fact urine is a major attractor....

Cant tell you how many rabbits i have caught in sets lured with coyote urine

Urine will not scare off anything
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Feral Cats - 07/18/15 03:47 PM

Try a Spray Away Motion Activated Water Sprinkler- http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/Non-Chemical_Deterrents/WCS5266.html from WCS. Motion activated water sprayers can be used to repel both domestic animals and wildlife, unwanted visitors too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums