Home

feral cats lure?

Posted By: Hillbilly910

feral cats lure? - 07/15/15 08:58 PM

i know they aint big on smell, but ive got a buddy removing some, and he's got a couple left that wont play along.
anything i might have in my arsenal that might help? Cage trapping

he's not a trapper, and once they stopped jumping in the cage for cat food, he is purty much lost. Sounds like 2 old tom cats thats seen a few hav-a-hearts in their time.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/15/15 09:03 PM

Might try Catnip.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/15/15 09:32 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to cut a piece of carpeting that goes from the entrance over the pan. It usually springs quicker that way

also. Switching bait also helps. Wet to dry. Meat to fish. But if you're going to use lobster or King crab, let me know.
Posted By: sgs

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/15/15 10:04 PM

Cut off their food supply if at all possible.

If it really is a couple of toms I'd be surprised, but if it is, let the area cool down and in about a month set up some litter box sets. Urine more than feces but use both.
Posted By: Hillbilly910

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/15/15 10:49 PM

food source has been cut off, he has removed at current count 14 i believe, a few were kittens. Its sounds from the way he describes it, one cat stays in one area, one stays in another, but neither will cooperate in getting in the trap. They arent friendly, but arent crazy wild either. He's in a place where "instant lead poisoning" is unacceptable.

Going from cat food to fish was my next recommendation, but i got to thinking ive got a large collection of lures, and if one was helpful, id give him some to try.

If he uses lobster or king crab for bait, cats wont be able to fit in the trap with me in there.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/17/15 03:57 AM

Might try feeding them into the trap but they sure get cage shy . Might try cat lures or try some relaxing snares on them be the way I'd go at them . Did you try blending in the cage leaving the back open or even a double door blended in
Posted By: 80C

Re: feral cats lure? - 07/17/15 05:38 AM

Use old carpet in the cage
© 2024 Trapperman Forums