Home

hot water pressure washer?

Posted By: HD_Wildlife

hot water pressure washer? - 07/10/15 08:00 PM

Anyone have any good input on a brand or feedback on one of these over the traditional?

I have a traditional pressure washer, but with certain messy situations I like the idea of the hot
water to help loosen debris beyond what any solutions in a jug might offer.

Not at a point yet where I see a need for a tow behind, although every northern tool catalog I get
I drool a little bit over the things I'd like to eventually own...

Any thoughts welcome.

Justin
Posted By: G Hanold

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/10/15 09:17 PM

I've don't own one, YET, but I've used one on several occasions when I was racing and they are awesome, especially on grease. I think they'd really out perform a pressure washer on raccoon traps.

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/10/15 10:36 PM

Thanks G,

I'm looking mostly for removing pigeon droppings and residue associated with that in commercial and residential applications.

Power washer does a nice job but thinking hot water can't hurt! Your application is a good one that shows me some good promise.
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/11/15 10:48 PM

Horst brand is the best
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 12:45 AM

Justin,

call me tomorrow with any questions. I was a sales manager for over 7 years for a company that sold the best hot water washers made

218 562 5262

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: ritrapper
Horst brand is the best

umm, not even in top 10

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 02:33 PM

Thanks will give you a holler next week, appreciate it.

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 03:07 PM

I miss spelled apearantly. Hotsy is what I meant. !!spell check!!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 07:20 PM

Apparently, you also misspelled another word too. ( But you did get "Steve" right. Not so sure about "Rouleau" )
Posted By: OneHandSetters

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/16/15 07:30 PM

Steam unit is even better! Similar to a pipe thawing unit, 2 gallons of water will run the unit about a hour. They can be made out of a old 10 gallon hot water heater. I have seen them and they do not need any electricity, just propane!!
Dave

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/18/15 01:27 AM

one hand, I can show him how to turn his hww hot water washer into a wet steam if he wants, but for this application he doesn't want. I sold and ran a sales dept for hotsy for over 7 years and learned a lot about them
Posted By: addictedangler

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/18/15 01:32 PM

I have a pressure washing business. Only cold water P/W should be used on external building surfaces. One reason is condensation from hot water. Using the right cleaning solution and applying it for the proper time should remove almost anything a warm water machine will remove on homes.You should be using a alkaline solution to neutralize the pigeon droppings. Most of the cleaners you can buy from the home centers is a watered down version of the real solutions. Reason is so Joe the home owner does not destroy his home by using them full strength. Look online for commercial P/W solutions.Grease and heavy oil build up is another story. A steam Jenny is your best bet for that. Also dish washing liquid such as dawn works OK in a pinch and you can not harm anything using it.

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/22/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: addictedangler
I have a pressure washing business. Only cold water P/W should be used on external building surfaces. One reason is condensation from hot water. Using the right cleaning solution and applying it for the proper time should remove almost anything a warm water machine will remove on homes.You should be using a alkaline solution to neutralize the pigeon droppings. Most of the cleaners you can buy from the home centers is a watered down version of the real solutions. Reason is so Joe the home owner does not destroy his home by using them full strength. Look online for commercial P/W solutions.Grease and heavy oil build up is another story. A steam Jenny is your best bet for that. Also dish washing liquid such as dawn works OK in a pinch and you can not harm anything using it.

I bet I sold over 1oo washers myself to contract cleaners for building cleaning and every single one of them were hot water washers. you can always shut the burner off if you wand cold water, but cold is almost never the better option
Posted By: addictedangler

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/26/15 12:14 AM

I have been using not selling them for 41 years. Hot,cold and steam jennys. I can only tell you what using them as well as all the reading I have done has taught me. If I were selling them I would sell the more expensive units also.

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/28/15 12:09 PM

We all have our own experiences but I sold a ton of units to some of the largest contract cleaners out there and I know what they used and needed
Posted By: BUD25

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/29/15 04:57 AM

Nah uh.... No way.... I don't believe u.... Stop kiddin around.... Hahahaha

Anyways I need a unit to wash my Trucks and Equipment. Any suggestions?

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/30/15 11:48 AM

Bud you don't want or need one for washing your truck or cages. for as little as you would use it im not sure its worth the headache, ill give you a call today sometime. today is an easier day then yesterday.

Re: hot water pressure washer? - 07/30/15 11:20 PM

I use a hotsy (did I spell it correctly?) to clean my traps and the bed of my truck. I can't think of a better way to do it. It is a great piece of equipment. However it is not mine and I probably would not buy one, just because of the cost. It is much more damaging than a regular pressure washer with the heat on. It will take the paint right off your vehicle if used incorrectly.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums